need info on portable oxygen

Regine

Hi from Regine. Ward is out of hospital. Moving slow as ribs still hurt. He now needs oxygen 24/7. He has a portable Eclipse. It only goes up to 3 liters. Is there a portable that goes higher on continuous flow, does anyone know? Thanx.

Ross

Hi Regine,
There a one called the marathon and it goes up to 6ltrs continous flow. It is liquid 02 and the one I use and I love it.
Hope this helps.
Ross

Regine

Thank You so much for info. Regine

I'll go on the website. What is your interest is stem cell therapy if I amy ask?
Are you thinking of doing it?

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Regine

The Eclipse is the only portable (as far as being able to plug into your electric, cigarette lighter or battery operated) this is continuous.

If you're looking for a portable that has continuous O2 then your would need to get a Helios system that requires liquid oxygen or a home fill system.

Has he tried using pulse mode on the Eclipse? I have an Eclipse and find that the pulse modes work better than the continuous when you're up and about. I only use the continuous for sleeping.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Marathon

I have two portable Marathons left by my O2 company. They are too heavy for me to lug around, but when I want to do at least 4.0 mph on the treadmill, I crank up my Marathon to 5 or 6 and go for it. I could never use it like that normally, but when working out it is great. Of course at 6lpm, you would be refilling often. I think if Ward is considering stem cell therapy, he will get relief with the amount of O2 needed. I was able to cut down very early on and have been reducing my usage ever since. In the meantime, however, it sounds like he will need something to increase his flow. There are some companies that sell used equipment if you have to buy one. American Medical Sales is one that Mary Jo likes. Hopefully, he just rents his equipment, can get stem cell therapy and then tell them to come pick it all up one day. That is what we all are working towards. It isn't an overnight cure by any means, but a very slow steady improvement almost daily.

Last edited:

Regine

Thanx Jeanine

Ward has taken a turn for the worse. He moves slow and can't retain information. Almost like he's brain dead. it's scary. We have a nurse coming tomorrow so we''ll get an oxy sat reading and go from there. How long from when you talk to stem cell dr. does it take to get appt.? Can you say anything about rejection? My son doesn't think Ward could tolerate immune suppressing drugs. thanx again for any help or suggestions.

Nan

Sequal Eclipse

I purchased an Eclipse about 2 months ago. It is great for traveling and can even be used as a concentrator at home. But like Jeannine said I think this is the only portable that has continuous flow. It does 3LPM continuous when plugged into an electrical outlet but only 2LPM when running on battery or the car accessory. It does do up to 6LPM pulse though.

It is lightweight and easy to pull along behind you. It is a tad heavy to lift into the car but hey you can't have everything (which I don't believe myself). :D

I am recovering from a pulmonary embolism working on getting the correct dosage of Coumadin,a blood thinner. In the mean time I am saving money while I recover from this surprise.

I am still reading the book Jeannine and Barbara wrote. Things just keep getting in my way of reading. I'm taking it to the dentist today as we all know about waiting rooms. :p

I am so happy so many are getting the treatment. One day I will follow.

Nan

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
6 lpm

The Marathon does go up to 6lpm continuous flow, however, the Eclipse is so nice because you can plug it in. At 6lpm, the Marathon isn't going to last too long either before you would need to refill.

Connie

Sequal Eclipse

I love my Eclipse when traveling because I can plug it in the car. But make sure you ALWAYS have a back up. Mine broke on the 1st day of a 2 week trip and I had to overnight it $300. from a UPS store or $150. from UPS center (they don't have centers in every town and they don't take American Express) have it fixed and then overnight it back to me another $150. (If I had been home I could have just mailed it back 3 day much cheaper.) Thank goodness they were able to fix it in a few hours and had it on the way back to me and was at my destination the day after I got there. Plus I was extra thankful that I carried my home concentrator with me for the hotel rooms, and some real live tanks for the car and I was lucky that my 02 company had an office in the city I was headed to so I could change out my empties. I find the eclipse works great on pulse at 5 or 6 if I can remember to shut up and breath thru my nose. LOL! But please always be prepared in case the machine breaks down. It is always good to keep some real 02 with you where ever you go.