My trip to Santo Domingo and life

Nok84

Hello everyone,

This is my story or a little part of it and as you told your stories and helped me to take my descission , so I want to make the same:

I flied on 14th from Europe to USA for my stem cell procedures. So, I had 3 days to relax before the blood draw on 17th November .
Firs I want to tell you in short why I made this step:
I should say that my condition was critical in year 2008 ,when I was only in IR stations with life threat and O2 in debit of 7-8 litters, I wasn?t able to run more than 100 meters and everything was so hard to do, even by shower I couldn?t breathe.
In the IR stations I was so bad , that the smallest movement was critical and my pulse was getting to 140-150 in bed, and my O2 Sat was down to 63% one time ?. (in blood PO2 was even to 43%) From January 2008 till August I was so bad, that the doctors said to my parents to expect everything...
I was in many hospitals in Bulgaria and Germany, but they couldn?t find the reason for my PH (I was 23 and non smoker in sport shape) so they only offered me Lung transplant which I have rejected (because my Lung function was very good, only the Lung had embolisms and was not able to deliver blood to the range parts) .
So I was a little better and better, I had big fight and I achieved 1 litter O2 and 400 meters on the 6 minutes walk test. So till summer 2009 I was on bed , having breath problems and blood cough some times , wasn?t able to go out often (only with car and help - 1 time monthly), but in June I went on Seaside in Bulgaria, and than I was getting better and better and after 3 weeks there I was able to sleep without O2 and my O2 Sat was 95-96% . I began to walk to max 700 meters and even to swim to 50 meters freestyle (I am ex swimmer) , and in the end of August I even played 15 minutes volleyball. ? But when they measured my lung pressure ? it was still 55-60 ?. , and still I was not able to walk normal,breath and live normal, so I decided to take my chances with Dr. Grekos.

So , when he checked me after the blood draw and before the trip to Santo Domingo, I was surprised ? My O2 Sat was 99% and I was able to sleep here in Florida at night without O2 , so he said that?s better for the cells.
My lung pressure was about 60.

I went to Santo Domingo on 24th November and met there Yaneline ? she?s very cool and nice and 26 years old, so I am now 25 and we had great conversations.
First evening we went on one restaurant on the ocean and near the hotel and was very fun ? we were there till 9 PM (she picked us around 4 PM and than we went to the clinic for some tests to 5:30) .
So I was ready for the procedure and on 25th my turn was after the other 2 patients , they were 71 years old , so the doctors wondered am I the patient or there is some mistake 
So, I said that I don?t want any sleep drugs or relaxing drugs, I want to be in Consciousness and see everything on the monitors (I had similar procedure, but for checks on my lungs only ? with contrast and such things ? without injecting something ).
So I was ready for 1.5 hours and was the only patient they wanted to stay over the night for control.
The all night we talked with the doctor there, I haven?t slept at all and in 10:30 next morning Yaneline picked me up and returned me to the hotel.
The evening we spend in one nice restaurant and than went to dance show, was great and I am glad I met those nice people!
The report shows around 37 million stem cells / and about 99% OK .
Now I am back in Bonita Springs and relaxing, in the beginning I had chest pain and breath problems, my O2 Sat dropped to 92-93% and pulse was a little higher, but now the things back to normal and I pray to God I will be healthy again in a few months.
The chances are good, because my lung function is good and O2 Sat is normal , so I pray everything to be OK.
A 25 year not married man to be in this condition since he was 23 , is very bad and all people said that they are - 50s, 60s and 70s and had great life and that I haven?t even started, so with God speed I hope I?ll have my healthy life again and everything will be with good end 

I want to thank again Karl, Barbara, Barbara McKean for the help and everything!

Wish you all here health and better life, pray for you !

Nick

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Nick - What a wonderful post. I can tell you are once again living thanks to stem cell therapy. I think you made a great decision to not have a lung transplant and to do what you did. You are a great Pioneer. Please keep us posted on how you continue to progress. I am very happy for you.

karl wagner

good stuff nick,you should feel alot better in about two months most people are getting 50 % reduction in pulmonary pressure at three months.

Buddy74

Nick; you are a courageous young man. I hope and pray that your health trail will take you to new levels of improvement. I believe your treatment will be a positive one! Although you are quite young to have such problems, your youth will help you to overcome. I had Autologous stem cell therapy through Dr. Grekos in Santo Domingo and it has helped my quality of life and I am not a young man. I will have my six month check-up in January at his Bonita Springs, Florida office.
Yanly, your Regonicyte hostess/driver/linguist etc., in Santo Domingo is a wonderful and beautiful young woman. Good luck to you and thanks for sharing your story.
Buddy

Had Autologonous procedure July 14, 2009