my conclusion: basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF-GMS) will heal our lung disease

Vancouverman

I assume some rich people have already been healed from emphysema!!

Because after reading at least 10 scientific papers about basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF-GMS) I come to the conclusion that this will be the treatment which suits us best. If it helps rodents, sheeps, dogs. It also might help humans. We have it already done on 3 different kind of animals. And our lungs are not that much more complex and larger than a dogs lung... I assume.

Not only does it cure emphysema (by repairing and/or regrowing damaged alveoli and regrowing lost lung vasculature), but it does also reduce the pulmonary hyptertension secondary to COPD...

I wonder what the rich people are doing like in Luxemburg, if they have a lot of money they can go to Ukraine where doctors are willing to do everyhting for dollar (or euro) and the law regulation is very lax anyway..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24535698

Novel therapeutic approach for pulmonary emphysema using gelatin microspheres releasing basic fibroblast growth factor in a canine model.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I do have to wonder myself why we aren't hearing more about this. Are clinical trials for humans in the works? Are those in countries like you mention where approval isn't that important using this? Your comments are thought provoking.

Vancouverman

unfortunately, no, there are no clinical trials for humans in the works for using these growth factors. I am not aware of any. But these animal experiments with using these growth factors are exponentially increasing lately. Thats a good sign.

I am aware of a case in a baltic state, a child was very ill, almost dying, her lungs failed. Lung transplantation is in that state forbidden for children as receiver. And as ultima ratio (last resort) the ethics commission allowed stem cells therapy. (no growth factors in that case).

The children improved its health within some months and was discharged from hospital and is living now a better life.

this case was not in the major news, but I read it in a scientific paper released by that hospital. I just dont remember where I saved the PDF-file. It seems to be one of the first stem cell therapies for lung diseases conducted in europe on humans by registered doctors.

I will try to find that pdf file. I dont remember anymore what kind of stem cell they used. But definitely their childs own. Probably mesenchymal stem cells, which they expanded and multiplied in the labs.