MS patient goes to Mexico for stem cell transplant, chance to walk again

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Good article Kaye. Thanks for posting. The comments are a mixed bag which is encouraging. It used to be pretty one sided with most not understanding that embryonic stem cells are different from adult cells. Some of these comments clearly indicate that people are starting to understand what the hold up is for adult stem cell treatments being made widely available in this country. Bush is gone and was never the cause of any delay for adult stem cell research anyway, but Big Pharma and all of its lobbyists are still here. At this point, one must come up with a different scapegoat than Bush.

We must continue our push to get safe stem cell therapy as an option for treatment in this country. The public is wising up much to the dismay of those that are trying to peddle stories of snake oil and rogue clinics that prey on the desperately ill. This patient seems pleased and not victimized in any way.

DawnGusty

Thanks for the comment/post!

Glad the article made it here! It let me here and there's so much good stuff. I let some of the negative comments to my article get to me so I need a good dose of encouragement.
Honestly, I have to work for the improvements but they are there. To those who just think it's a scam, I say tell that to my tapping left foot! I couldn't do that before and it happened 24 hours after the treatment.

I can't wait for my next one.

Kaye

Dawn

I am so glad that you replied! Barbara will give you all the info on joining us here at the Pioneers. She and Jeannine started the website for the rest of us. They are truly a blessing. I hope that you will keep us updated. It's patients like you that have had treatment that's leading the charge for the rest of us. We are all hoping that the FDA and big pharma will be defeated and we will be able to get treatment here. Please join us here and keep us updated. Don't let the naysayers get you down. Barbara goes toe to toe with them! I think that you will enjoy this website. Barbara and Jeannie always have the latest info. Welcome board and best wishes for your next treatment.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Afterthought -Kaye - You and I were posting at the same time. Sorry for repeating some of what you said, but we really were both writing at the same time.

DawnGusty - How terrific that you have joined us. I hope that you will keep us updated with all the little things that are happening to you. They all add up! The only negativity you will get from this forum is for bogus stem cell clinics. Otherwise, we are upbeat, patient moderated and interested in stem cell therapy and research.
Your story is truly an inspiration and one that should be required reading for the naysayers.
We also have a monthly feature called Ask the Doctor. Members can submit questions to be answered by the host for the month. This month is something entirely different. One of our patient members, Gator, is hosting. You may know him as he too has MS and was treated in the same clinic as you I believe. He will be answering our questions about his raw diet which it looks like you use as well.
Continue to get your story out wherever you can. It's the only way we can fend off those that would like to sever our offshore options. The media must be aware that these are our own choices. Stories like yours reaffirm that stem cell therapy is not snake oil. It also helps patients understand that you have had to make many changes in your life and that stem cell treatment is not a magic bullet that can cure anyone overnight.

jgp

found by luck, great read

kaye-barbara and all ms patients; i didn't realize how long autologous stem cells have been helping. this is a long read but a great one, it happened in 2001 and is a day by day diary of ms patient. the web site is www.mult-sclerosis.org/craigsstory.html hope you enjoy it. god bless you all.

Dawn - Question

Where did you go to in Mexico? Email me privately if you wish. I am currently talking with Regenerative Medicine Institute, Tijuana, MX for my son's possible treatment.
David Snow

drbart

updated tennessean link

kaye-barbara and all ms patients; i didn't realize how long autologous stem cells have been helping. this is a long read but a great one, it happened in 2001 and is a day by day diary of ms patient. the web site is www.mult-sclerosis.org/craigsstory.html hope you enjoy it. god bless you all.
The original link to the article seems not to work, but it's still on their site at

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100801/NEWS01/110180001/Her-last-chance-walk

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
DawnGusty - It would be nice to hear from you again since this information is over a year old. I hope you are doing well.