Lyme Disease!!! ALS, Parkinsons, Autism might be related!

OwensMommy

If you have Parkinsons, ALS, MS, autism ,please please research lyme disease, they are finding correlations between all of these and Lyme, esp autistic children having lyme who are getting antibotics and now don't have autistic symptoms! Please check it out!:eek:

Achillian

Owensmommy re Lyme disease

Dear Angela,
I also have Lyme, as does my daughter. I don't think I passed it on to her but you never know.
Lyme has been identified in all the conditions you've mentioned. As you're in the US, there are so many reliable Lyme doctors there. If you would like to contact me privately I'll be happy to give you the name of one who sees children.
One thing I would caution on is getting autologous stem cell therapy while still infected. I did, and paid the cost!!!
My daughter and I have recently been at a private hospital in the UK where we had intensive treatment for Lyme, and I saw so many children there who had been misdiagnosed with autism etc, only to find they had Lyme.
This is a really nice friendly forum, Barbara doesn't mind us posting about other topics. I did feel I shouldn't be hogging the forum with posts about Lyme, but it's such an awful disease!
Hope you find the help you need.
Best wishes,
Anne.:)

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Anne - How did the treatment go for you and your daughter or are you still undertaking it?

Achillian

Anne - How did the treatment go for you and your daughter or are you still undertaking it?
Hi Barbara,
Thanks for your kind words.
We had four months of IV antibiotics, plus supplementary drips every day six days a week. It was quite intense to say the least! We were very sick sometimes, but know it's the only chance of ridding ourselves of this disease which has robbed us of years of our lives. At least now we have the support of doctors who know how to treat it.
We also have all the co-infections which go with Lyme, ie Babesia, Bartonella and Erlichia, so we expect to be on antibiotics for quite a while. We've seen some improvements, but know it takes time to get rid of it fully.
We've also got very damaged immune systems, because it took so long to get proper diagnosis and treatment. All those issues are being dealt with now, alongside the antibiotic treatment.
How are you doing?
Anne.:)

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Keep up the fight. It sounds like you are finally on the way to winning the battle with that horrible disease. I am doing well. I feel very good right now (knock on wood). I will be continuing my fight as well.