LVRS and lung transplant patients can benefit

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I e-mailed the doctor at the company where I had my stem cell therapy done. I asked him if someone who had had LVRS or a one lung transplant could benefit from umbilical cord stem cell treatment. He said yes. He is currently in Asia at a stem cell conference and then will be going to Australia for 8 days. When he returns, he has promised to give us some information for the forum that will benefit us all. He has also stated that he will be willing to talk to anyone about stem cell treatment that wants to call him, but it will have to wait until his return after June 24th. He said the conference in Australia is going to be intensive and he will probably not even be able to answer e-mails during that time. He seemed very excited about it and said he will share the news from these conferences with us when he returns.

kathy

Pioneer Member
That's great News Barbara. I know there were several questions of whether after having had other srugeries or treatments if the Stem Cell treatment would still be of bennifit and possibly work. Looking forward to more infomation on this from the Dr.

Kathy

Nancy

Phone number

Hello Barbara

Will you be posting the doctor's name and phone number or would you rather that we funnel questions though you?

Thanks

Nancy

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Nancy - We don't endorse any of the companies or doctors on here. Also, one of the doctors had a very unfortunate experience with some very time consuming, disrespectful people calling and e-mailing him. He actually said he might have to stop doing therapy for people from the U.S. because of it. I personally don't understand why anyone would waste their efforts on such nonsense, but there are those people out there. Many of us on this forum have experienced it. Most of these people are not able to separate misinformation from facts. We are more than happy to send you the information when you ask for it. This way we know who has requested it and who we sent it to. This eliminates making it too simple for those who want this information for their own misguided purposes. I am sending you a personal e-mail now. Thanks.

debrat

lung transplant

First, I would like to tell you this is my first time on here. I am in desperate need of finding any information that I can to help me with my chronic rejection of my lung transplant. I had the lung transplant in November of 2005, it was the left lung only. After only 2 months I contacted a virus and then developed phneumona. From that point on I have been very sick. I am only 57 years old, and I am healthy. The lung doctors tell me I have only a couple of years left. I just won't accept this, I want to find out whatever I can. If not for me, maybe for the future of other lung transplant rejections.
Thank you.
Debra

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
You should read some of Tony's posts. He also had a TX and is now considering stem cell therapy. Go to member's list on the home page, then T, then Tony and you can see all the posts he has done. You can also contact him from there if you would like. We are all here to help you with anything you need. We will be starting an "Ask The Doctor" category very soon and it seems to me that a good transplant/stem cell question would be in order. Would you like to submit a question to have the doctor answer? I am really sorry to hear of your difficulties, but I do believe that stem cell therapy may be an answer for you.

debrat

Your informoation

Could you tell me how you started the whol process and how you recieved the stem cell treatment. was it a shot, a lot of medical test,etc. I am very blind to all of this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Debra

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Debra -

Hi Debra - Did you receive the personal message I sent you a couple of days ago? This should have some "how to get started" info for you. As for the procedure for COPD patients, a simple IV in the arm for umbilical cord treatment and a fairly simple procedure where your own cells are drawn from you and then reinjected with adult stem cell treatment. I had a reaction when I received my therapy, but no one else that I know of has. Most say it is like giving a pint of blood. If you didn't get my previous info, let me know and I will resend it to you. Jeannine and I also wrote a book you might be interested in if you want all the nitty gritty details. Click on Store on the home page if you are interested.

Mary Jo Hunter

Pioneer Founding member
Lvrs

I had very successful LVRS in 1999. I could actually breathe for 2 1/2 years or so. It was wonderful but is certainly not a cure--just a big treatment. I just had my stem cell treatment and have had great response so far. Our doctor assurred my it would work and he was right. I certainly asked him.
Mary Jo