Low SAT levels

Mysty119

Barb and Jeannine---In your book you mentioned that sometime after your therapy that you didn't feel SOB at all. You said you felt fine. Yet when you took your SAT readings they were really low!!! Have you ever asked any of the doctors you've dealt with, what exactly may cause this strange occurence?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
How low can you go?

To my knowledge SOB is not helped by higher sats or even the use of O2 in many instances. The same is true about feeling good and finding you have desaturated. I don't think this is something brought on by the stem cell therapy, but I could be wrong. Maybe, someone else would care to comment. I know there is certainly a more scientific answer, but it has escaped me this evening. I believe it has to do with how much air we can actually move out of our lungs. When we can't get it all out, then we become SOB. Stem cell therapy allowed me to breathe more deeply and exhale better thus reducing my SOB. I still have a problem however with desaturating and may consider a booster if I cannot get off of O2 completely by my one year anniversary date. I think your question is a good one and I would suggest you submit it to me for the next Ask the Doctor forum if no one answers it properly. Thanks.