Life Extension Magazine -How Much More FDA Abuse Can Americans Tolerate?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
How Much More FDA Abuse Can Americans Tolerate?

By William Faloon

Governments collapse when ineptitude and corruption reach such egregious magnitudes that the citizenry has no choice but to revolt.

I have exposed so many horrific scandals within the FDA that even I thought the agency can?t get any worse. I thought wrong!

At the heart of the FDA?s rationale for existence is its supposed ability to evaluate findings from human clinical drug trials. The FDA?s ultimate decision to approve or reject a new drug is based on how the drug performs in human trials.

If you ever wonder why a drug works so well in clinical trials, but then inflicts lethal side effects (and only mediocre efficacy) after FDA approval, one part of the answer is that the clinical trials themselves are often fraudulent.

In a revelation widely reported by the news media, a crooked clinic helped conduct 170 drug studies for nearly every major pharmaceutical company and routinely falsified data and patient records. The clinic?s criminal conduct rendered the findings from the human trials they conducted meaningless. The FDA relied on these fraudulent findings, however, to approve drugs used by tens of millions of Americans.

FDA Lets Criminals Oversee Clinical Trials

The shocker is that after federal agents raided this clinic and those who perpetrated these illegal acts pleaded guilty to fraud, the FDA did not ban them from participating in additional human clinical drug trials!

According to federal law, the FDA had five years from the criminal conviction to ban the perpetrators from conducting further drug research. In this case, the FDA did nothing for over four years, and then sent the revocation notice to the wrong address. The result is that those involved in these criminal acts are free to continue conducting human clinical trials.

When Congress learned of the FDA?s gross incompetence, they conducted their usual hearings where FDA officials are subpoenaed to appear before a Congressional oversight committee to explain how such a blatant error could occur.

Congressional investigators found the FDA pays little attention to its responsibilities to ban researchers convicted of fraud and is totally disorganized about carrying out revocation procedures.

The General Accounting Office reviewed 18 instances of research fraud and found the FDA took between one and 11 years to ban these criminals. FDA negligence enabled those convicted of fraud to conduct human experimentation for years. Is it any wonder why so many FDA-approved drugs kill their users either from side effects or lack of efficacy?

One of the more pleasant surprises in my life happened when I was sent the manuscript of a 500-page book that some Life Extension members meticulously put together. The book consists of FDA expos? articles I and others have written over the past 14 years.

Hunter Lewis and Gretchen Dubeau run an organization called the Alliance for Natural Health-USA (ANH-USA). (The name reflects a merger of the American Association for Health Freedom (AAHF) and the Alliance for Natural Health in the UK.) The merged organization will redouble its efforts to radically reform the FDA.

Hunter called me about a year ago and said my anti-FDA articles were too important to be published only in a monthly magazine. He said these expos?s needed to be memorialized in a book that would enlighten Congress, the media, and the public about how the FDA is responsible for the needless deaths of tens of millions of Americans?while also being the primary culprit behind America?s health care cost crisis.

The book Hunter and others compiled titled FDA: Failure, Deception, Abuse represents a compilation of FDA atrocities that have never appeared together in one publication. The objective is to disseminate this book, published by Praktikos Books (Praktikosbooks.com), far and wide in order to enlighten this country about the urgent need for radical FDA reform. Until April 14, 2010, order this book from us for only $10!

I encourage members to obtain a copy of FDA: Failure, Deception, Abuse for themselves and to loan it out to others. The publisher will also provide a PDF highlights version of the book on a special website (www.fdafailuredeceptionabuse.com) that may be downloaded and either emailed or mailed to everyone you know, including your Representative and two Senators.

Will This New Campaign Work?

For those not familiar with computer networking Web sites such as Facebook.com, Twitter, or other sites like this, a quiet revolution is occurring. People are communicating so rapidly and efficiently, that there is no longer the need for a Paul Revere to frantically ride on horseback announcing ?the British are coming.?

The explosive growth in the popularity of social networking sites means that the PDF highlights of the book FDA: Failure, Deception, Abuse and other news about it can be sent to an enormous number of people in a very short period of time.

Armed with the unassailable data provided in FDA: Failure, Deception, Abuse, the groundwork has been laid for citizens to rise up against FDA oppressors and demand Congress enact immediate and radical FDA reform, including allowing Americans to access any therapy they believe may save their lives (as long as fraud is not involved).

The Urgent Need for Radical FDA Reform

If radical FDA reform is not enacted, most people reading this article will suffer premature aging and death.

The book FDA: Failure, Deception, Abuse provides a plethora of irrefutable facts that should result in some members of Congress calling for the agency to be abolished all together.