Institute of Cellular Medicine

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
More good news

I am still concerned about the response oashman got, but we may never find the answer. I am very happy for you too Harv that you are going to Germany for treatment. We wish you all the best and I am hoping you will let us know how things go for you.

hlichten

Super Moderator
Sorry, I searched the whole thread for the words "lie" or "liar" or "lied" without any luck.
Who called you a liar?

Liar is a very strong word, and I am not aware of your being called one.

What I read is that people doubted that Dr. Fernandez Vina HIMSELF typed that reply, which I still support. As I said, I think someone was handling his email for him that day. This thought is supported by the fact that I and others have exchanged email and phone calls with him and Dr. De Paz and never had any reply resembling what you received.

That is far from suggesting that you lied about anything.

I wish someone would pick up a phone and call Dr. De Paz, but, as I said, it no longer matters to me, since I am not going there.

Harv

...I was called a liar, which is quite offensive, and under normal circumstances, I would not even bother to respond to such attacks....

oashman

Harv, sorry, you did not call me a liar, someone else did in a private message, not on this forum. Good luck in Germany, I wish I could go there too. I hear good things about them, plus in my personal view, I would prefer a procedure to be done in Europe than in a developing country, that is just me. They did also communicate with me, very well, and told me with all honesty that they will not be able to treat my condition. I am very satisfied with this candid attitude. As for Dr. Piemer, he is in S.Africa, but he does not perform the actual injections. This is done, as you suspected, in India. He says they use mesenchymal and cord stem cells. He stated the cost as 12,000Euros which is $19,000AUS. Quite steep, and of course, add to that travel, room, board, and so on. I must again state that it was great speaking with him and I would hope other providers would be as communicative. Please please keep us posted on your German experience. Cheers

hlichten

Super Moderator
No problem. I knew it wasn't me, and had just checked to see who had called you that. If it was in a PM, no problem, just DELETE and next!

Yes, after a trip to Bangkok I welcomed Europe for treatment.

My best to you.

Harv

Harv, sorry, you did not call me a liar, someone else did in a private message, not on this forum. Good luck in Germany, I wish I could go there too. I hear good things about them, plus in my personal view, I would prefer a procedure to be done in Europe than in a developing country, that is just me. They did also communicate with me, very well, and told me with all honesty that they will not be able to treat my condition. I am very satisfied with this candid attitude. As for Dr. Piemer, he is in S.Africa, but he does not perform the actual injections. This is done, as you suspected, in India. He says they use mesenchymal and cord stem cells. He stated the cost as 12,000Euros which is $19,000AUS. Quite steep, and of course, add to that travel, room, board, and so on. I must again state that it was great speaking with him and I would hope other providers would be as communicative. Please please keep us posted on your German experience. Cheers

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Dr. Ramirez

Taken from Dr. Ramirez' website:

Dr. Ramirez Del Rio has over thirty years of experience with regenerative therapies and currently uses stem cells from umbilical cord blood for neurological disorders. Dr. Ramirez Del Rio is one of the few physicians in the world who is licensed to use stem cells in a clinical setting.

Sasori

Developing Countries

It seems that most treatments are given in 'developing' countries, but the technology and organisation is often from a 1st world country...so I suggest not writing a doctor/clinic off because of where it is based. I originally wrote off Mexico, and was going to head for China, until I found out that Ramirez works closely with Steenblock, and you only spend 1/2 day across the border for the actually treatment, then everthing else is done/processed/obtained from the States. My main concern when chosing a clinic is where the cells come from (ie. where they say they came from) rather than where the treatment is done. I also feel more comfortable when I know the language barrier is minimal.:)

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
The proof please

I agree with you, however, I want to feel even more comfortable by seeing an actual certification that matches the vials of stem cells to be administered. It is no longer enough for me to have a company doctor tell me the cells were obtained in the U.S. and certified for purity, blah, blah, blah. If this is true, there should be no problem with proving it and no resistance to the request.

alex

Barbara,

Do you mean Dr. Ramirez or Dr. Del Rio that has 30 years experience in a clinical setting? Is it Dr. Fernandez Del Rio? I am confused now.

Maybe you could clarify.

Thanks

alex

O.K. - I think I got it straight. There is a Dr. Roberto Fern?ndez Vi?a and a Dr. Fernando Ramirez Del Rio. Is this correct?

The doctor I was wondering if he uses anything other than marrow cells is Dr. Roberto Fern?ndez Vi?a in Argentina. Does he also treat neurological ailments using umbilical cells?

Regarding Dr. Ramirez, can he be contacted directly, or do you have to go through the Steenblock Institute?

Has anybody here on this board have first-hand experience with Dr. Ramirez or Dr. Fern?ndez Vi?a?

Kaci's Mom

Currently working with Dr. Fernando Ramirez Del Rio

O.K. - I think I got it straight. There is a Dr. Roberto Fern?ndez Vi?a and a Dr. Fernando Ramirez Del Rio. Is this correct?

The doctor I was wondering if he uses anything other than marrow cells is Dr. Roberto Fern?ndez Vi?a in Argentina. Does he also treat neurological ailments using umbilical cells?

Regarding Dr. Ramirez, can he be contacted directly, or do you have to go through the Steenblock Institute?

Has anybody here on this board have first-hand experience with Dr. Ramirez or Dr. Fern?ndez Vi?a?
We have a stem cell transplant scheduled for next week with Dr. Ramirez. As far as having first had experience with him- no. I've been making arrangements for this with the Steenblock Research Institute. There is a phone # to call Dr. Ramirez in Mexico, but I've never called (I haven't really wanted to deal with "language barrier" issues).

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
alex

I suggest you send a private message to Dolores as she has first hand experience with Dr Vina.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Several members have had treatment with Dr. Fernandez Vina from Argentina. Nassin, who is the first person I knew to receive a stem cell transplant, got his treatment there. Dolores also had treatment as did dumpollo. Several other people were treated recently in El Salvador when Dr. Fernandez was there. I originally planned to go there, but I had serious problems with communication and I speak and understand Spanish. He is a good doctor, however, I do not know if he is treating all diseases at this time.

I have also heard good reports about Dr. Ramirez del Rio. Working with Dr. Steenblock probably makes things go much smoother. If anyone would care to comment on that, please feel free to do so. I was asked if Dr. Ramirez and Dr. Ramirez del Rio are the same person and they are. In the U.S., we do not always add the additional surnames as they do in Spanish speaking countries.

Sasori

Only comment so far

from me would be that I faxed away my daughter's notes on Thursday night (NZ time), and got an email response (which I specifically requested on the notes) to confirm they had received them, this morning (Wed am NZ time). So I'm pleased, I got a response, (it's SRI that collect and go through the stuff) but as I expected it wasn't instant, so to anyone expecting instant responses...don't! Doesn't mean they're not doing what they should tho, just perservere. Looking forward to their assessment...

Sasori

Update

And a week further on, and we now have a price, and a doctor will be giving us a call in 10 days time to discuss. It's all moved quite quickly and smoothly with these guys so far.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
For anyone that is confused on this thread, SRI is Dr. Steenblock. He works with Dr. Ramirez, not Dr. Fernandez. Dr. Fernandez has a clinic in San Nicholas, Argentina.

Sasori

Haha I've confused myself

I thought the emails were from SRI (Steenblock & Co), but if I'd read properly I would have realised they were from SCB (who we enquired with over the net at the same time). We did however receive an answer from SRI regarding price for our daughter's treatment on 1st of July, in perfectly good English and very friendly (these people are in California).
So yes, to make it clear, we are dealing with Steenblock Research Institute who work in with Dr Fernando Ramirez del Rio in Tijuana. He is not the Dr Ramirez employed with SCB.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Dr. Ramirez is not affiliated with SCB

Dr. Ramirez is NOT affiliated with SCB in any way, shape or form. SCB is Stem Cell Biotherapy. I have red flagged SCB on this forum due to a lack of evidence for certification of purity for their cells and also due to the many e-mails I have received concerning lack of customer service, especially post treatment. In an effort to keep the biotechnology theme in the company names they choose, it has become confusing - all the names sound the same at times.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Daniel - That is great news. I am glad to hear it. Can you explain what improvements he has had? I realize you give your blog address, but for some members, they may find it easier to have a brief recap from you on here. I know I would appreciate it if you have the time. Thanks.