Home from treatment

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
More tofu tales

Harv - Would you care to share that lasagna recipe? Sounds delicious to me. I disagree about seitan. I call it the other "wheat" meat. There is a restaurant where I live that serves a wonderful seitan French dip sandwich. With a blindfold, most meat eaters would never know. The only thing that gives it away is a little different visible texture.

John

Pioneer Founding member
Howard, have you ever noticed how much effort goes into making tofu taste like meat? (Like spinning straw into gold) But you NEVER hear of anyone trying to make meat taste like vegetable matter. (Like turning gold into straw)
John

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
John keeps trying to discredit veggies

John - What I think you are missing in your vendetta against vegetables is that vegetables are healthier for you. The only people that dispute this are the various meat industry spokespeople. Hands down, veggies win when it comes to keeping us healthier.

rosech44

tofu

I'm going to jump in here, I made turkey spaghetti tonight, and it was very good--- I had garlic bread, made with nucoa, a non dairy spread, and pomegranite, blueberry vinagarette dressing on the salad---

I also have a recipe for a very moist choc cake if any one is interested--

let me know---would you believe I can't find rye bread in this town??? I bought rye crisp crackers instead

as for the tofu--I will pass---Barb can have my share---LOL

Rose

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Chocolate Tofu (I wish)

Rose - glad you found Nucoa. That's really a plus to have something you can use as a spread that is on the stem cell diet. As for having tofu phobia, you should try it at a Chinese restaurant or somewhere that they know how to fix it properly. If it isn't cooked right, it is like rubber. I love sesame tofu and also stir fry tofu, hot sour soup with tofu, you get the picture. I also love pasta, without the turkey however. I also think you know how to push my buttons. Chocolate cake is one of my very favorites. Post the recipe ASAP please. Barb

Howard

Ooook?

If veggies are the be all to end all, where are the important things about them in our everyday lives? Songs: Oh give me a home where the tofu roams..........., Nursery Rhymes: The Three Little Broccoli........., National Symbol: Carrot? Just bring me a cow and as Emeril would say "let pork fat rule"!

rosech44

choc cake

WACKY CAKE

1 ? CUP SIFTED FLOUR
1 CUP SUGAR
1 Tsp SODA
3 TBS COCOA
? TSP SALT
1 TBSP VINEGAR
5TBSP SALAD OIL
1 CUP COLD WATER
1 TSP VANILLA

SIFT DRY ING. TOGETHER IN BOWL, PUT LIQUID ING, IN AND MIX WELL, PUT IN 8X8 SQUARE PAN, PAMMED?BAKE IN 350 DEGREE OVEN FOR 30 MIN---TO DOUBLE RECIPE 9X13 PAN, BAKE 45 MINUTES TOOTHPICK COMES OUT CLEAN

SINGLE RECIPE MAKES 15 STANDARD CUPCAKES, BAKE 2O MINUTES

XTRA LIGHT OLIVE OIL MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR SALAD OIL

I think Splenda could be substituted for sugar, but haven't tried it

Bev12452

John and Howard

I enjoy reading your posts so much I laugh at what you write and laughter is the best medicine Like you guys I have not gone over to the other side totally but I am avoiding the red meat and dairy and pork which leaves not much but for 6 months I can do it the only thing I really miss is my 5 o'clock beer it was a nice way to end the day ice water just doesn't seem the same but come April we will all be toasting each other on a job well done keep up the posts Bev

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Have your cake and eat it too with this recipe

Rose - thanks for the recipe. I will try it with Splenda and let you know. Also, I think the olive oil is a good idea for those that were given a stem cell diet to maintain for 6 months and anyone else that wants a cake that is a little healthier. Our stem cell diet is a healthy one whether or not anyone wants to admit it. I think I will always continue to substitute certain things to stick with this diet. It just isn't that hard to eat right. I would like to know what other companies are advocating. I know Dr. Fernandez just says use common sense and eat healthy. I hate to disappoint certain forum members, but I don't think there is going to be one clinic or doctor out there that says to pig out on a slab of cow every night and drink a pitcher of beer. Sorry, boys.

Bev - I am sorry about your beer. I will have one for you tonight. I am not going hog wild, but it is nice not to worry about a few of the no no's. I did have a good sandwich for lunch. Avocado, sprouts, tomato, bermuda onion, creamcheese (very little of that) and cucumber on a sesame bagel.

hlichten

Super Moderator
I will get the recipe for you.

It's the "little different visible texture" that makes it too slimy for me to "sell myself" on eating it. Otherwise, it is like most other bean curd-type products.

Harv

Harv - Would you care to share that lasagna recipe? Sounds delicious to me. I disagree about seitan. I call it the other "wheat" meat. There is a restaurant where I live that serves a wonderful seitan French dip sandwich. With a blindfold, most meat eaters would never know. The only thing that gives it away is a little different visible texture.

Howard

Couple of things

Harv: delete the words "diet root" after 2 and you've got it.

And, Barb, that quip about John and My mother, couldn't have happened...she didn't even know each other.