Here we go!

gailvel

Hi everybody,

I've written a few messages on this site before, but never really introduced myself. My name is Brian, my wife Gail (whose membership I'm writing under) has MS for the last 9 years (diagnosed). We are going down to Grand Cayman on Wednesday for stem cell treatment and are very excited.

It's been a long road. We found out about the possibilities of stem cell treatment almost exactly a year ago, but after doing the research we knew that we couldn't afford to do it. Then 4 months ago Gail's father passed away. This was a very tough time but the silver lining was that we would be able to use what little inheritance we got to help pay for the trip.

We are hopeful that this treatment will significantly improve Gail's quality of life. Currently she is making it from the bedroom (where she spends most of her day) to the bathroom, and that's about it. We appreciate the pioneers who have taken time to answer our questions, and I plan to post our experiences as they happen. Wish us luck!!

Brian Velcheck

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Brian - Best wishes to both you and your wife. Even if the treatment only slows or stops the progression of the disease, she has bought herself time. The future looks bright and I sincerely hope she gets the improvement you both are seeking. We look forward to hearing from you. Keep that positive attitude - it helps a lot.