Has someone already inhaled HGF of you?

Vancouverman

Barbara, you mentioned that you got HGF (hepatocyte growth factor) from a doctor and injected it ?

Now I read this paper ( http://www.nature.com/mt/journal/v16/n8/pdf/mt2008137a.pdf ) and by inhalation of HGF they actually cured Emphysema in mice. They said also that inhalation is much better than injection. It did regrow alveoli and ameliorate emphysema. Which is exactly what we want.

Of course, someone has to be careful. But I am just wondering.

Also sometimes I am wondering, what If i get HGF and let my dog inhalate HGF. Would he mind it?. But I dont want to do animal experiments...

And someone has to make sure its pure hgf without additive. There could be additives in HGF.

the paper is named:
Intranasal HGF Administration Ameliorates
the Physiologic and Morphologic Changes
in Lung Emphysema

http://www.nature.com/mt/journal/v16/n8/pdf/mt2008137a.pdf

Vancouverman

Hello Barbara,

nice to hear from you. How are you these days, can you give us an update how you doing? When is your next stem cell treatment? It would be very nice to hear from you.

I plan to get my first thorax-CT. In hopes to know about my condition. I have increased residual volume. You know I told you before...

You don't seem to be very excited about HGF. Am I right?
Maybe there was something wrong with the HGF or with the application.

Or you are already healed?

greetings

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Vancouverman - I am more than enthused about HGF. I'm not sure what I said to make you think I am not excited about it, but I believe it has been a tremendous help for me.

I continue to do well I believe by using a combination of different things. I stick to a Mediterranean diet and have acupuncture every 6 weeks which is a maintenance level. I had more intensive acupunture treatment at the beginning. I also use various supplements and continue with the protocol that I was given after my last stem cell treatment. I don't have any plans right now to get more stem cell treatment, but I wouldn't rule it out for the future.

I can truly say I haven't felt this good for years, but staying healthy, especially as we age is something one has to work on continually.

When are you getting your CT?

Vancouverman

Hello Barbara,

Well its great to hear your improvements.

I doubted, because I do not think that you get the right HGF. It is expensive. When storing one would it even cool it. And it is a delicate protein. When you vaporize it may possibly disintegrate. When evaporate one would have to keep exactly to the scientific guidance. Then would the emphysema healed. Also, you still need oxygen yes?

I doubt it because you still need oxygen ... But it would be extremely interesting if you had a fellow scientist who could help you with the administration of HGF. One could also see the improvements with a functional MRI in the lungs very well. That would be without radiation. But I will not criticize you.

Maybe you can send me the same HGF of you overseas to me.:)
I wonder how much you have used in terms of micrograms.

Well , at least now we know that your HGF is not harmful. Thats good.
You are so to speak our guine pig :)

I have on monday appointment with doctor.
But i am still not sure if I should be making a CT. Because of radiation. But finally I should make one too.

greetings

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
HGF is expensive. I am not able to buy it. I purchase it directly from my doctor as it is sold only for research purposes. If one wants to store it, it should be kept frozen. It is mixed with saline solution and 10 mcgs are used per injection.

As for the valves, where would I get them anyway? They aren't approved in the U.S. I have no idea if I would qualify anyway. Jeannine is trying to get into a clinical trial for them. I am feeling good right now, so it's not something that I want to pursue.

Vancouverman

I understand.

perhaps you could also participate in a study.

And Jeannine has already received the valves? I will be interesting to see her improvements then

Yes, I cant afford HGF also.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
No, Jeannine has not gotten the valves. There are multiple hoops one has to jump through to even see if they can qualify for the clinical trial. It's absurd considering that they have done over 4000 successful implants in Europe. It's another example of the absurdity of the FDA.

Maybe, you missed this post:

http://www.stemcellpioneers.com/showthread.php?t=6862

Vancouverman

Hello,

yes I read now the article. It s interesting of course to see that. But 4000 successful implants should really be more than enough