Great blog for information on coconut oil and what it can do for you

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
A member received this information from a friend of his and he passed it on to me. I thought it was worthwhile as I know some people have difficulty just taking a couple of spoons of coconut oil. Mixing it like this makes it much simpler.

Here's what he sent me from his friend:

I've been using Organic Unrefined, Cold Press Extra Virgin Coconut Oil from Nutiva for over a year now.
I order it in 1.7 Quart tubs and put 2 table spoons in my coffee every morning..... makes for a nice morning coffee
to start off the morning with. Plus I feel the hot coffee gets the liquified Coconut Oil into your system quicker.

The 1.7 Quart tub cost about $35 and lasts about 6-8 weeks.

http://downloads.cbn.com/cbnnewsplayer/cbnplayer.swf?aid=27477

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
LLL6521 - The information I posted was something another member sent me. Nutiva does have a website www.nutiva.com I looked it up and it comes in various different sizes. I don't know anything about the company, but the prices seem good and the person who wrote about it seems to be very satisfied with it.

Patti

Coconut Oil

You might want to check out www.tropicaltraditions.com
Excellent products & prices...coconut oil made in the Philippines the old fashioned way...several selections...all well explained. Their coconut cream concentrate is the whole coconut...it is fantastic right out of the jar (if you like coconut taste). I put it in tea, coffee, smoothies. Google coconut oil and you'll find whole sites dedicated to the benefits & many books. I use it for hair conditioner, body lotion, face moisturizer...wonderful to 'feed' the skin rather than with lotions that are chock full of chemicals. I purchase the 'de-odorized' for the body as I don't like to smell like a coconut. They have a 'natural' deodorant that I love as well...I order 'shortening' for baking & shredded coconut which I can also make coconut milk from. It's also good for animals.