Good News

anney_uk

Cord/Autologous

Thank you Harv,

I have studied carefully your thoughts and can see why you offer these to me. It is a big decision to make and I can only say that over a fairly long life, I have learned to listen to my instinct. I am therefore, going to wait and see if SCB will open a European clinic in order that I may receive the Cord stem cells. I understand that it is only a few who have had this treatment and that their results vary but I feel this is the way to go for me.
I note that your own experience of Autologus stem cells has shown no improvement on the two occasions you have received them. I would be somewhat disappointed in this result - do you think this should not influence me?

Anney

anney_uk

exacerbation

Thanks Barbara,

I do have the tablets and the Powerlung and look for some improvement soon. I have just finished the Pred and have four antibiotics left so hope that some improvement will be seen soon. It is hard going to have two setbacks so close together and the second one so very much worse but I will keep hopeful for a good outcome with the stem cells.

Thanks for your encouragement and support.

Anney

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Get well Anney

I am having a strange ailment myself. I have been really short of breath for the last week. I haven't had SOB since last May. I have no congestion and other than the shortness of breath thing, I feel fine. My sats continue to be okay. It is totally weird. I am hoping to rid myself of it without having to use prednisone. I think having had the stem cell therapy has changed how my body fights things off, so I am giving it a little time and using natural remedies. I could never have done that before I had stem cell therapy. It would have deteriorated into pneumonia undoubtedly and I would have been in bed for weeks. This is encouraging for me, but at the same time, I didn't need to be reminded how horrible SOB is. I want nothing to do with it again. Once, I am feeling better, I am going to have a serious talk with the stem cell army and they will not be getting any time off again. I hope you can recover and get feeling better. Two in a row is very tough.

Also, I think Harv was trying to encourage you to seek treatment if things get out of hand with your condition. He does not have COPD. Adult stem cells have helped several patients with COPD. Dr. Fernandez was the first to discover that his heart patients were all having increased lung function after stem cell therapy and he then went on to use stem cells successfully on patients suffering from COPD. I honestly would have taken either treatment for COPD, but I ended up going where it was the most convenient. I have no regrets and continue to feel that stem cell therapy is the most viable treatment for people with COPD at this time.

Last edited:

hlichten

Super Moderator
...I note that your own experience of Autologus stem cells has shown no improvement on the two occasions you have received them. I would be somewhat disappointed in this result - do you think this should not influence me? Anney
I don't think that you should be influenced by my results in any way, shape or form. Everyone is totally different in terms of their medical history, metabolism, general health, age, family medical history, etc. etc. I think I have already pointed this out.

I think you need to re-read what I last posted more carefully. If I said that you should be careful in deciding to go with cord blood based on the experience of 12 or 15 cases here, then would you think that you should base a decision on adult blood based only on my case??

You said that you "have learned to listen to (your) instinct" and there is nothing wrong with that. Stem cell treatment right now is a big gamble, and a roll of the dice.

You can listen to your instinct, or you can try to make the best, most educated decision possible, and try to increase your odds. To do that requires relaxed, logical thinking.

I have no real idea how many forum patients have been treated by SCB. I guessed 12-15, I could be wrong, but the number is not great enough to say whether the treatments are fully successful or not. Again, every patient is different.

As for me, my last treatment was 2 months ago, so I am still quite hopeful for improvement!!
However, even if I don't, can the value of human treatments for you be discounted after viewing the merits of marrow-based treatments for a multitude of ailments over the past decades? I don't think so.

Do you not buy a Honda, because you read one or two bad reviews of Hondas?

I think that waiting for SCB to open a clinic could be like waiting for a department store to open a new location. There could be issues with permits, zoning, etc. or they could simply change their mind and decide not to open it.
I would suggest that you contact them and ask if there is a firm date being suggested for opening the new clinic. If you want a treatment, and are quite sick, I really wouldn't wait, since it could get to where you can't travel even short distances.

Do you have family and/or friends who are with you? If you do, I suggest sitting down with them with a pen and paper and writing out the pros and cons of all available treatment formats and locations. I list the pros and cons of lots of decisions, and it helps me often.

Finally, I hope you fully understand that I am trying to help you, and not to complicate your decision in any way.

Last edited:

anney_uk

Thank you

Harv, it is very kind of you to go to such trouble to help me understand the best way to go and I do consider everything that you say most carefully. , I do discuss my position with my family and weigh up all the options but, as you say, it is not easy to come down on one side or the other. Both may be good, both may not be - the clinic may not ever open in Europe... who knows? I plan to tread water for a while longer and await news from SCB as to their plans.

In the meantime Harv, I do hope you see some improvements from your last treatment.

Barbara, that is a blow to be experiencing sob again and I do hope and pray that this is only temporary and you will soon get back on track.

Anney

hlichten

Super Moderator
Harv, it is very kind of you to go to such trouble to help me understand the best way to go and I do consider everything that you say most carefully. , I do discuss my position with my family and weigh up all the options but, as you say, it is not easy to come down on one side or the other. Both may be good, both may not be - the clinic may not ever open in Europe... who knows? I plan to tread water for a while longer and await news from SCB as to their plans.

In the meantime Harv, I do hope you see some improvements from your last treatment.

Barbara, that is a blow to be experiencing sob again and I do hope and pray that this is only temporary and you will soon get back on track.

Anney
No problem.
Whatever makes you comfortable is all that matters right now.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Mr. Toad rides again

Thanks Anney, It is the weirdest bout of SOB I have ever had. I have not one other indication of being ill as used to be the norm. I did have a stiff neck for a couple of days and it went away. The last good bout of SOB I had resulted in terrific breathing and improvements afterward. I hope that is what is happening now. Mr. Toad has reared his ugly head again! I will keep you all posted for sure. My peak flow meter measurements are as high as ever and I have no trouble doing the PowerLung. It used to be when I got SOB, I couldn't do much of anything but lay around on the couch. I am being very careful to only eat very healthy foods and I have increased my NAC to twice a day. I am also drinking lots of lemonade, green tea and fresh squeezed orange juice. I even had the energy to make the lemonade too. Crazy huh?