Fetal Stem Cells Trigger Tumors in Sick Child's Brain, Spinal Cord.

pink7

Fetal stem cells

It is a very interesting article. The science dealing with stem cell is still new and safety issues are important.

pink7

Jan

Pioneer Founding member
Any kind of medical research includes some risk and I agree that safety issues are important, nonetheless stem cell research holds a lot of promise for many.

People, like myself, who have a disease or condition with no cure, want hope.
In hope to cure this child of his rare lethal brain disease, his family reached out for fetal stem cell therapy.

How many people died or were made ill in the research for the polio virus? Would we rather still have polio today?

Human stem cell research is needed desperately today. There is much mis-information on the internet about embryonic stem cell research and adult stem cell research. People need to take time to study and understand the difference between these two. Adult stem cell research has already helped many people.

Jan

Pioneer Founding member
Good article. Adult stem cell therapy is helping many kinds of medical problems.

And yes, we do need research and clinical studies in Adult stem cell treatment and also cord blood stem cells and autologous stem cell transplants. These are the three that interest me most.