Farah Fawcett

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I don't know if any of you watched the special on Farah Fawcett last night, but she said in her narrative that she could not understand why she (and others fighting deadly diseases) cannot get experimental treatment here in the U.S. She had to leave the U.S. to fly to Germany several times seeking treatment she could not get here. The trips alone were enough to wear down a healthy person. The show was extremely sad and yet inspirational at the same time.

It all seemed so familiar and agonizingly real as many of us struggle with the same issue. There is absolutely no excuse for the stupidity in U.S. policy concerning the treatment of terminally ill patients. We have people who gather to protest the death penalty. We have people protesting that say they are pro life, but where is anyone protesting on behalf of the terminally ill who want only to have the choice to choose whatever treatments they want to try?

This is an issue of national shame if you ask me. My heart goes out to Farrah Fawcett and her family. She is truly a Pioneer.