EBV Pulmonx

John Henry

I sent an inquiry to Pulmonx about the EBV procedure and received the following. J/H

Dear Mr. Henry,

Thank you very much for your inquiry regarding the status of the Zephyr Endobronchial Valve, now a part of Pulmonx, Inc. Currently the device is not approved for sale in the United States. For additional information about our device, we invite you to visit the Pulmonx website: www.pulmonx.com. We do our best to keep the site updated with the latest developments regarding our technology. You can see the latest news at http://www.pulmonx.com/news-events/newsroom/index.html

Thank you again for your interest in our therapy.

Nandini Venkatesh

Marketing Consultant

Pulmonx, Inc.

+001 (650) 216-0130 (office)

+001 (415) 867-3775 (mobile)

nvenkatesh@pulmonx.com

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
John Henry

It's a real shame that these valves were rejected. One of our members had these valves placed in one of her lungs back in 2005 in a clincial trial and it improved her to the point of no longer needing oxygen during the day.

Why doesn't the FDA understand that most of us are willing to try pretty much anything in the hopes it will improve our condition?

Perhaps Jan will see your information and provide more details.

John Henry

Jeannine,
I echo your feelings 100%. I sent all my medical info to Germany last year for evaluation. It was just outside Frankfurt, and I was willing to go there to have it done, but the Doctor felt I wasn't a candidate. Quite a let down. My Pulmonary Doctor here was quiet surprised as he felt since a lot of my problem was in the upper part of my lungs he felt I would be.

There are I think at least two companies doing similar procedures but none here in the U.S. I would hope that in the next year or two it will get FDA approval here.

zar

The valves were rejected in the US,but now they have been made safer with the Chartis System.
They will be on display at the ERS in Vienna: September 12-16, 2009