Dr. Vina

normbourne

Hi,
I am contemplating strip to argentina for emphysema, is there anyone have any experience with dr vina..? How did you get on..? Was there any follow up..? Do they carry out any clinical research..? In short is he the answer..?

Regards norm.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I believe he is getting around 50% success rate with COPD. He is a cardiologist. Some patients have been very pleased, others have had to return every so often and some haven't seen any change in their condition. Typical of many clinics and treatments for COPD. When I say success, I don't believe that he has documented any actual regeneration of the lungs, but some patients have been able to get off supplemental oxygen and live a more normal life.

Pat

treatment from Dr. Vina

I was treated with autologous stem cells from Dr. Vina's team in San Salvador in Febraury 2009. My FEV1 was 27% in July 2008 and 28% in 2010 which means I essentially stayed the same..or to say it differently it stopped the progression of my severe emphysema. As most of us know, COPD interfers with the exchange of O2 and CO2 at the avelolar level. In January of 2009 (before treatment my co2 was 32 (normal 25-30). After treatment in May 2009 my c02 was normal at 30. In January 2011 it was 33 indicating that I have had some progression...I am returning to San Salvador for another treatment next month. I do believe it helps, but as Barbara and Jeannine have said many times, so far stem cell treatments are not a cure but I'm hoping they will prolong my life and slow the progression of my disease.