Dr. James Braly of"Nepsis"

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
What are you looking for? I will be happy to contact him for you. Just tell me what you want and I will ask him where you can verify the information. He is scheduled to host next month's Ask the Doctor forum.

Update:
He left Nepsis and did not wish to participate as a host after that.

Last edited:

normbourne

Nepsis

I have been in contact with the nepsis institute, they have evaluated my medical profile and have advised that I am a solid candidate for treatment, they further advise that Dr. James Braly will be performing the procedure.

I was curious as to Dr. Braly's background & qualifications.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Norm - Dr. Braly does not perform the actual stem cell transplant. Dr. Ramirez and his team would be doing that at Nepsis. Dr. Braly evaluates your medical records and is there for post treatment evaluation and advice.

I have asked Dr. Braly to put together a brief bio for the forum and will post it when I receive it from him.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Curriculum Vitae for Dr. James Braly of Nepsis

Update: Dr. Braly is no longer associated with Weller Health.

Curriculum Vitae

JAMES BRALY, M.D.

http://mail.wellerhealth.com

? James Braly, MD is a California- and Virginia-licensed physician (California certification # C33868, expiration date 12/31/09; Virginia certification # 0101238700, expiration date 12/31 2009).

* Braly graduated from St. Louis U. School Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri. He completed a one-year rotating-six internship at St. Vincent?s Medical Center of Richmond in Staten Island, New York, followed by six months of psychiatric residency at Harbor General Hospital in Torrance, CA. He resigned to pursue a three year apprenticeship with group psychotherapist, educator and author Dr. Nathaniel Branden.
* For many years Braly has practiced family medicine that includes strong emphasis on complementary & alternative medicine (CAM), clinical nutrition, clinical & laboratory research and patient education. During his clinical years in Encino & San Mateo, California Dr. Braly serviced medal winning Olympic athletes, triathletes and many Hollywood movie & TV personalities. Until recently he was involved in research, development and clinical application of diet, oral, & intravenous nutrition, and herbal remedies in the management of alcoholism, chemical dependency, co-morbidities of addiction, chronic abstinence symptoms, and the prevention of relapse.
* Braly is best-selling author, medical writer & medical editor. His first published book was the best-selling Dr. Braly?s Food Allergy and Nutrition Revolution (New York Times, 1985 and Keats Publishing, 1994). Other books include: Food Allergy Relief (Keats Publishing, 2000), Dangerous Grains (Avery/Penguin Book Group, 2002), The H Factor (Piatkus Publishing-UK, 2003) & H Factor Solution (Basic Health Publications-USA, 2003), foreword & chapter dealing with amino acid/nutrient precursor therapies for addiction for Staying Clean and Sober (Woodland Publishing, 2005), Hidden Food Allergies (Piatkus Publishing, London, 2005), and most recently How to Quit (Little-Brown Group Books, London, Sept 2008).
* Braly researched, edited, & wrote professional newsletters for US & European physicians, including "Food Allergy Update," issued monthly to over 20,000 American physicians.
* Braly practiced medicine in Newport Beach, Encino, Van Nuys & San Mateo, California, specializing in family medicine, alternative & complementary medicine, sports nutrition, food allergy, celiac disease, metabolic weight loss, medical writing and editing, and laboratory science. During this time, Braly founded Immuno-Nutritional Clinical Laboratory (INCL), a federal & state licensed clinical lab, servicing his patients and nationwide those of other physicians. Braly served as medical director, researcher & newsletter medical writer/editor at INCL where he developed protocols for IgG-mediated, delayed-onset (hidden) food sensitivity lab tests. Later, as consultant at Immuno Laboratories in Florida (see below), he assisted in research & development of the highly sensitive & specific tTG lab test (IgA anti-transglutaminase assay) for celiac disease.
* From 1994 to 2004 Braly pursued a full-time career of writing, editing, lecturing, consulting, and research. From 1994 to 2000, he served as medical director, consultant, researcher, medical newsletter editor & lecturer for Immuno Labs, Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Between 2000 and 2003, he was medical consultant, writer and lecturer for YorkTest Laboratories, York, England.
* In 2004, he was medical consultant, researcher, lecturer and educator-trainer, specializing in IV and oral nutrient therapy for addiction and addiction-related co-occurring disorders. In 2005, he joined Virginia-based Bridging the Gaps (BTG), a residential integrative addiction treatment center, as full-time attending physician, director of clinical nutrition and client education. While there, Braly performed routine H & P's, and lab test analyses, while developing and introducing the following new services: in-patient IV-oral nutrient therapy for rapid reversal of abstinence symptoms, dietary menus & guidelines, essential fatty acid testing in conjunction with a fish-fish oil supplementation program, gluten sensitivity testing with reflex celiac disease screening, science-based alternative therapies for depression & anxiety, stress reduction-adrenal support therapy, liver protective & regenerative therapy for clients with hepatitis C & alcohol liver disease, and drug-free sleep therapy protocols. In June 2007 Braly was hired as director of clinical nutrition and attending physician at Alta Mira Recovery Center, a start-up 48-bed in-patient, multi-modality, and integrative addiction recovery facility in Sausalito, California, the purpose of which was to replicate the services and successes achieved in Virginia.
* Braly is currently medical director of Weller Health, LLC, a stem cell research company in Orange County, CA and associate medical director at Nepsis Institute, a stem cell therapy center in Baja, Mexico.
* Braly is featured lecturer at medical and professional symposiums. He was a featured lecturer at the American College for Advancement of Medicine (ACAM) symposium in Las Vegas & the Food for the Brain International Symposium in London, England, where he presented "Gluten Sensitivity, Celiac Disease, and Chronic Brain Syndromes? as well as ?IV and Oral Nutrient Therapy for Addiction.? He was also featured speaker at the Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse and associates in Corpus Christi, Texas and the CARA alternative medicine for addiction symposium ?Beyond Talk Therapy? in Sacramento (Oct 2007), where he presented "Integrative Therapy for Addiction? and ?IV and Oral Nutrient Therapy for Addiction.?
* Braly is an experienced product researcher & formulator. As executive director of research & development for Abbott Scientific Products Division Dr. Braly assisted in the developing of the hepatitis B antibody vaccine. Later he introduced to American health professionals & consumers the cholesterol-reducing Ayurvedic herbal extracts gum guggul and turmeric, as well as the many health benefits of the bioflavonoid quercetin and the amino acid L-glutamine.
* Dr. Braly contributed to research and development of the highly sensitive & specific tTG lab test (IgA anti-transglutaminase assay) for celiac disease at Immuno Labs in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.
* Between 2003 and 2008, Braly researched, developed & clinical applied intravenous-oral nutrient formulations for the rapid reversal of chronic abstinence symptoms and the prevention of alcohol and drug relapse.

abbotm

Contacting Dr. Braly

Hi Barbara,

I'm interested in contacting Dr. Braly. My wife was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, and I'm investigating some potential triggering and recovery mechanisms associated with gluten / food allergies, as discussed in Dr. Braly's book Dangerous Grains.

Can you share his email address or mailing address? Or could you pass a message and ask him to get in touch with me?

We're also very interested in the application of stem cells to Parkinson's disease, so it was great to come across his name here.

Thanks in advance for your help,
AbbotM

Nepsis or Biogenesis Institute.

Since they have split into two groups, it seems that there has been a reorganization of sorts and you may have to either re-apply to Biogenesis Institute or see if you can get your accepted patient enrollment status at Nepsis, including records transferred to Biogenesis Institute from Nepsis. I have been trying to do this for my son's records now for a couple of days.
Dave Snow

TEBozo

Is He An Alchemist?

When I had a recent conversation with him about my wife's ALZ he spoke in could's/should's etc. and spoke of how coconut oil, and other anti-inflamitories(sic) would halt ALZ and reverse, in "some" cases. I told him that I had gone through thousands of dollars on "BS" supplements and with no success. Once he heard that, he abruptly ended the conversation, I suppose since, there was no money in it. It was quite telling that, since I was not a desperate prospect, he didn't need to talk to me.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
This is a really old thread, so much of the information is out of date as far as the companies that he was once associated with.

There have been reports of the benefits of coconut oil for Alzheimer's patients, however, I've never heard that it could reverse the disease. I don't see where Dr. Braly would make much money off of telling people to try coconut oil or are you stating that he is now doing some kind of consulting work that he charges for that includes recommendations for nutritional supplements?

TEBozo

This is a really old thread, so much of the information is out of date as far as the companies that he was once associated with.

There have been reports of the benefits of coconut oil for Alzheimer's patients, however, I've never heard that it could reverse the disease. I don't see where Dr. Braly would make much money off of telling people to try coconut oil or are you stating that he is now doing some kind of consulting work that hyes, coconut oil and the low carb diet have shown to help some people, I have been told.

Yes, coconut oil and the low carb diet have shown to help some people, I have been told. There are many homeopathic doctors that want to analyze you with either questionable muscle testing or computer programs that can somehow determine every ailment in your body by placing your hand on a copper diode and running their programs. THEN they prescibe a dozen or more herbal supplements from their herbal pharmacy(sometimes multi level marketing products that have HUGE profit margins) that can cost you out of pocket no less than $1000 per month. Just be careful out there as many "doctors" really prey on very sick people and their families.

Last edited:

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
TEBozo - I would have to add that many doctors, not just homeopathic doctors, go overboard on the testing. Some do it to cover their behinds in our litigious society, but there are others who do it to make more money.

As for MLM products, this blog (see link below) is a fascinating one. Many doctors are/were involved who recommended the product Protandim. Does it work? I'm not going to be the judge of that, but if it truly does what the company says it does, then why sell it via a multi-level marketing scheme that profits those on the top greatly and ends up costing consumers a lot more than it should? I think doctors can be as vulnerable as patients to tell the truth. They attend continuing education programs, conventions, meetings, etc. and get solicited all the time by Big Pharma, supplement and device manufacturers, etc. As with everything in life, Buyer Beware no matter who you are.

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/lifevantage-protandim-scam/

TEBozo

Agree With Everything You Say

TEBozo - I would have to add that many doctors, not just homeopathic doctors, go overboard on the testing. Some do it to cover their behinds in our litigious society, but there are others who do it to make more money.

As for MLM products, this blog (see link below) is a fascinating one. Many doctors are/were involved who recommended the product Protandim. Does it work? I'm not going to be the judge of that, but if it truly does what the company says it does, then why sell it via a multi-level marketing scheme that profits those on the top greatly and ends up costing consumers a lot more than it should? I think doctors can be as vulnerable as patients to tell the truth. They attend continuing education programs, conventions, meetings, etc. and get solicited all the time by Big Pharma, supplement and device manufacturers, etc. As with everything in life, Buyer Beware no matter who you are.

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/lifevantage-protandim-scam/
Agreed. Lotsa commercial docs out there who are only in the business for the money. Less, today, because only certain specialties like dermatology, allergy, some cardiology, plastics can make the "old style" money of yesteryear.

The reason to my reply to this particular post was that there are some docs out there making claims of successful stem cell treatments that are total BS. Dr. Moon of Korea, for instance, will take you blood in his Houston office for about $4,000 and do a "special DNA" test. I did one for my wife and then he declared that he could draw fat cells from my daughter and somehow create stem cells to inject into my wife to cure her memory loss( Alzheimer's at 47 years old). We had to travel to Korea at a cost of $150,000; if he did it in the US, he would be arrested. NOTE: that I did not fall into his trap

Another cardiologist named Lee Cowden travels cities, takes patients cash and dispenses homeopathic meds by the thousands. He probably makes well over $1 million a year. H has one of those electronic gizmos that he hooks up to his laptop that declares that you have lyme disease, Epstein Barr, some strange tooth infection and so on and so on and so on.

I am just saying be careful as a consumer and spend your resources wisely.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Sounds like Dr. Moon is living up to his name - promising the moon for only $150K. There is potential that an allogenic stem cell treatment (your daughter's cells injected into your wife) could have some benefit, but it's really beyond the pale at this point to think he was asking for $150K to do such a highly experimental treatment. I honestly do not know if neurological conditions would respond to such treatment and that would be something I would want a whole lot more information on before flying to the Moon.

If he set up shop and openly advertised cures using allogenic stem cell therapies (outside of an approved clinical trial) the FDA might eventually get around to visiting his clinic but then again, they might not.

Was it Dr. Shin Yong Moon? If so, Moon has made headlines before. He kept the research community buzzing for quite awhile.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5055385

TEBozo

Dr. Woo Chul Moon

Here is an email from a lady who used Dr. Moon.

My husband was diagnosed with Stage 3 pancreatic cancer on June 22, 2010. We went the supplement route first to build up my husband's immunity. While being treated by Dr. Hines he told us that if my husband wanted to live we needed to go to Korea and see Dr. Moon. We arrived in Korea on Sept. 8 and about one week later Harlon was off morphine. We think it was the stem cells because he hadn't started on chemo (except one treatment in the states just before we left which caused him to lose his hair). We were in Korea for 8.5 weeks and have followed up in Cabo every month for 10 days a month. Harlon also had cyber knife while in Korea. Harlon had been doing really well until he started having some pain in January in his stomach and back. When we were in Cabo in February he had to go to the emergency room from severe pain and was diagnosed with ulcers and inflammation of the colon. Dr. Cerda (the other doc in Cabo clinic) treated him for ulcers all week. But since we came home he is still having pain and is back on pain killer. We are currently having some gastro-intestinal work done and don't know if we will get to go back to Cabo in March. We're scheduled to leave on Sunday.

We are in the same situation as you. We have spent in excess of $150,000 and Harlon is not where we wanted him to be at this time in treatment. His cancer markers are still pretty good though. We can't continue much longer going to Cabo every month, but it's hard to put a price on his life. He had always said he wouldn't bankrupt us chasing rainbows so we certainly know how you feel. We are now trying to decide what to do - to go to Cabo another month or two or just stop and see what happens. It's a hard decision to make. But Harlon and I truly feel that if we had not gone to Dr. Moon in Korea Harlon would not have made it to Christmas.

May you be given wisdom to know what to do.

Harlon, of course died at 90 pounds and only got a few extra months leaving his wife $150,000 lighter in the wallet. She does say that she is grateful for extra time but that is just her big heart. Harlon, would rather have died and left his wife more secure than spend all that money-probably on steroids just to make him feel better.