Does anyone know something about XcellCenter in Cologne - Germany?

ckms

Hello,
I wonder if anybody has any comments about XcellCenter in Germany. have you been there?
Thank you!

alex

X-Cell Germany

I contacted them a few month ago. The use stem cells from your own bone marrow and treatment is rather reasonable - about 6,000.00 Euros per injection.

ckms

Thank you Alex!

It would be nice to find somebody who was there. I will keep everybody informed if I'll find something new.
This is what they sent me too, almost 10,000cad.
All the best.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
X-cell

There have been some forum members that have gone there and had treatment. At this time, no members have reported having any success with the treatment they received there. This company does not wish to participate in our forum, so we have quit trying to get any promotional material from them. If you live in the U.S., there is autologous treatment closer to home that I would try before traveling overseas. If anyone can report any success whatsoever after having had treatment there, please post. It is also very expensive to stay a week or more in Cologne which should be considered when you are looking at costs.

ckms

stem cell America

Thank you, Barbara. Yes, I would like to find a clinic in America - I live in Canada. I tried to contact dr.Ramirez but no answers yet. Now there is one more thing- the duration of the treatment: in China it is around 7 weeks with my own cells, in Mexico is few hours with umbilical cells, in Germany is few days with my cells...At this moment is difficult to choose the best. I am very confused however I do not have time to waste - my legs become weaker every day. Any suggestions?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
A vast difference

Sometimes, it may take a little longer than expected to get a response. I would try again if I were you. Why are the clinics giving you such varied times as far as treatment? If a clinic is saying a couple of hours, are they expecting you to return for more treatment or is it a one time treatment they feel will help you? There has to be some difference between a quote of 7 weeks and another of a few hours or days. I think you need to really discuss this in depth with the doctors at the clinics and find out just what exactly might be expected as far as results for you. Of course, there can be no guarantees, but with stem cell therapy being used more often for MS, there should be some commonality among the treatments. This just seems too broad of a difference for me to understand. Can you share with us anything the clinics have told you? I realize that time is of the essence, but it is also important you do not rush into any quick decisions in my opinion. Please give us a few more details and maybe someone on the forum will be able to see the forest through the trees better than me.

georgia

XCell-Center

My husband and I are traveling to Cologne, Germany on June 30th for stem cell therapy at the XCell-Center for stroke and diabetes. My husband had a massive stroke in October 2005 and we are hoping this will help him regain some quality of life. His left side of his body is paralyzed.
I did talk with a gentleman from New Jersey who had a stroke in 1998 and in the fall of 2007 he went to the XCell-Center. The right side of his body was affected along with his speech. He told me that "his face came back up", "speech is unbelievable" and that he "walks with a limp now". His speech was understandable to me........I could slightly tell he had had a stroke.
We are hoping that we have such good results. We will return to the USA on July 8th.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Best wishes

Georgia - I wish you and your husband all the best. It would be great to hear how everything goes. I do hope you get Dr. Etou. I hear she is very nice and is very good with the patients. Your husband does not suffer from MS, but nevertheless, it will be good to get your feedback as far as post stroke treatment. This is also a very important issue for so many people.

ckms

Georgia, all the best for you and your husband!

My wife and my would like to wish your husband to have a happy return home, with the best results! As Barbara mentioned, many of us would be very interested to find out "from the source" how this clinic works.
All the best!

Ambika

Request to know about the outcome

My husband and I are traveling to Cologne, Germany on June 30th for stem cell therapy at the XCell-Center for stroke and diabetes. My husband had a massive stroke in October 2005 and we are hoping this will help him regain some quality of life. His left side of his body is paralyzed.
I did talk with a gentleman from New Jersey who had a stroke in 1998 and in the fall of 2007 he went to the XCell-Center. The right side of his body was affected along with his speech. He told me that "his face came back up", "speech is unbelievable" and that he "walks with a limp now". His speech was understandable to me........I could slightly tell he had had a stroke.
We are hoping that we have such good results. We will return to the USA on July 8th.
Hi Georgia,
I hope your husband had a great success with the treatment. My dad suffered from stroke few years back as a result his right side of the body was paralysed. He has recovered through paralysis but still cannot walk and move about independently. I am researching on internet and found XCell-center ; as this treatment is expensive I want to make sure it is worth it. Any information on how your husbands treatment went would be greatly helpful ? Is he able to walk now ? I am very desperate to find the fact from somebody who has experienced the treatment from XCell-center.
Any information on this will be greatly appreciated.

georgia

I am sorry to tell you that the treatment at the X-Cell Center did not help my husband.............he still has no use of his left side of his body and he can walk, with a quad cane, very little. We met a female from the USA who was there for the same reason and treatment and she also has experienced NO results..........she is in the same condition as when she went there. I'm sorry to tell you this because I know what it is like to be searching for a helpful solution and get a report such as I am giving you. Any further questions or thoughts please feel free to contact me.

Ambika

XCell-center

I am sorry to hear Georgia that treatment was not successful. I believe XCell-center do not have any success rate. I am yet to hear from anyone who had successful treatment.
It is very difficult for me to see my dad suffer and this was my last hope.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Ambika - Why is this your last hope? There are clinics that I feel are having success on some individuals. I have yet to hear of any at X-Cell, but you should continue to research and keep your ears and eyes open for new discoveries that seem to be coming down the pike on a daily basis. Limiting yourself to researching only one clinic gives you no options. We have discussed X-Cell many times on this forum and again I invite ANYONE who has been there and had any kind of improvement after therapy to post on this forum. They do a marvelous job of advertising and issuing press releases, but where is the real evidence that anyone is getting any improvement whatsoever from any of their treatments?
I can only advise you to move on Ambika and look for clinics that are more trustworthy and forthcoming in what they can and cannot do for patients.

dlbelbin

I have had concerns, questions with a lot of clinics. I found a few dishonest clinics too.. Who does truely show results, who has the greatest success rates, etc. I have read many lefts, rights, and somewhere in the middle stories. Who and which clinic is the best? No one will say. Some show graphs, some testimonials and some stories. I am sure that for the most part, as for the honest clinics, some patients show a lot of benefits, some show a few benefits and some no benefits from an array of clinics. I think that the best clinic is the one you feel comfortable with and hope for the best. I know that there are quit a few good clinics out there.

Well, I have decided to go to XCELL in Dusseldorf, Germany. I will be taking my wife(TBI) and son(CP). Airfare and hotel for 3 adults and one 5 year old came out to $5,650. This would have been cheaper if we got the airfare a day earlier... Went up $150 each overnight for no reason. My wife?s total cost for treatment for ASCT is 7,525 Eros($10,800us) and my sons will be 9,000 Eros($12,900). Both will have LP for return of cells. My son will be put to sleep thus the extra charge for his anesthesia. Once for the bone marrow and the second for the return. They will put him asleep for his procedure as with my wife will not. Total cost give or take on exchange rate $ 30,000 for the both of them including air and hotel. The whole process was smooth and easy with detailed outlines for the procedures, appointments, and transportation. The money for the procedure will be paid at the clinic when we arrive for the procedure.

My wife decided against the direct implantation method. Cold feet, but I understand. The cost of the procedures increase as to what you choose to do. I.e. direct implantation, LP or other. Procedures run from 7,500 Eros to 25,000 Eros.

We have done all necessary MRI?s and evaluations for a ?Pre? ASCT base line. From that, we will be able to determine if there was a ?scientific/medical? benefit in 3-6-9-12 month period.

During the time that we were doing the make up, we consulted with doctors, therapist, and whomever. We volunteered our son with a group of doctors who have been tracking children that have had ASCT for pre and post evaluations. It is amazing how fast you can get an MRI, a surgery and other evaluation appointments very quickly when it benefits doctors/hospital?. Our tab of course, the hospital does not have a budget for what these doctors are doing. One note to others looking into ASCT is to do pre work ups. Doctors have told me that an opportunity with many children/adults is that they run off somewhere to do ASCT and then return 6 months later to ask them, ?so what do you think, did it work, did the procedure benefit?? With no base line, a determination cannot be made. Scientifically that is? A few of these doctors where pioneers with stem cell research back in the day. They are on our side!.. We feel fortunate to have these doctors on our side and the information that they get from our son will benefit them, others, and us as well.

During this prep time, we did decide to go with XCELL. We knew Dominic and Harrison kids from Denver that were followed by the local news. The 2 boys are in the same baseball league as our son. We have meet and know others that have been or are planning to go to XCELL. Other factors were involved in our decision as well. We feel that we have made an educated and sound decision. Also, WE ARE VERY EXCITED.

Our dates for the procedure are the week of February 22nd. After almost a very long year, our day is coming and we are more than ready, I think.. All that is left is what we will eat.

I am open and willing to discuss anything else, feedback, or suggestions from anyone. I hope I have not forgotten anything.

If you will allow, I will post our experience and post updates.

Thanks for everything that you do Barbara!

David

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
David - Thank you for this information. I hope you will continue to update us post treatment. That is what is the most important and crucial element of treatment. I also need to tell you that Jeannine is the co-founder of this forum so I will share your compliment with her. She is the behind the scenes person when needed and also contributes greatly in many other respects.

Ambika

I have had concerns, questions with a lot of clinics. I found a few dishonest clinics too.. Who does truely show results, who has the greatest success rates, etc. I have read many lefts, rights, and somewhere in the middle stories. Who and which clinic is the best? No one will say. Some show graphs, some testimonials and some stories. I am sure that for the most part, as for the honest clinics, some patients show a lot of benefits, some show a few benefits and some no benefits from an array of clinics. I think that the best clinic is the one you feel comfortable with and hope for the best. I know that there are quit a few good clinics out there.

Well, I have decided to go to XCELL in Dusseldorf, Germany. I will be taking my wife(TBI) and son(CP). Airfare and hotel for 3 adults and one 5 year old came out to $5,650. This would have been cheaper if we got the airfare a day earlier... Went up $150 each overnight for no reason. My wife?s total cost for treatment for ASCT is 7,525 Eros($10,800us) and my sons will be 9,000 Eros($12,900). Both will have LP for return of cells. My son will be put to sleep thus the extra charge for his anesthesia. Once for the bone marrow and the second for the return. They will put him asleep for his procedure as with my wife will not. Total cost give or take on exchange rate $ 30,000 for the both of them including air and hotel. The whole process was smooth and easy with detailed outlines for the procedures, appointments, and transportation. The money for the procedure will be paid at the clinic when we arrive for the procedure.

My wife decided against the direct implantation method. Cold feet, but I understand. The cost of the procedures increase as to what you choose to do. I.e. direct implantation, LP or other. Procedures run from 7,500 Eros to 25,000 Eros.

We have done all necessary MRI?s and evaluations for a ?Pre? ASCT base line. From that, we will be able to determine if there was a ?scientific/medical? benefit in 3-6-9-12 month period.

During the time that we were doing the make up, we consulted with doctors, therapist, and whomever. We volunteered our son with a group of doctors who have been tracking children that have had ASCT for pre and post evaluations. It is amazing how fast you can get an MRI, a surgery and other evaluation appointments very quickly when it benefits doctors/hospital?. Our tab of course, the hospital does not have a budget for what these doctors are doing. One note to others looking into ASCT is to do pre work ups. Doctors have told me that an opportunity with many children/adults is that they run off somewhere to do ASCT and then return 6 months later to ask them, ?so what do you think, did it work, did the procedure benefit?? With no base line, a determination cannot be made. Scientifically that is? A few of these doctors where pioneers with stem cell research back in the day. They are on our side!.. We feel fortunate to have these doctors on our side and the information that they get from our son will benefit them, others, and us as well.

During this prep time, we did decide to go with XCELL. We knew Dominic and Harrison kids from Denver that were followed by the local news. The 2 boys are in the same baseball league as our son. We have meet and know others that have been or are planning to go to XCELL. Other factors were involved in our decision as well. We feel that we have made an educated and sound decision. Also, WE ARE VERY EXCITED.

Our dates for the procedure are the week of February 22nd. After almost a very long year, our day is coming and we are more than ready, I think.. All that is left is what we will eat.

I am open and willing to discuss anything else, feedback, or suggestions from anyone. I hope I have not forgotten anything.

If you will allow, I will post our experience and post updates.

Thanks for everything that you do Barbara!

David

Dear David,
Thanks for the information and please post an update after your treatment with XCell.

dlbelbin

Xcell dusseldorf germany

Your welcome.

Well, its finally here. I finally made a blog. After many requests and 5 years, its done. Background info on my wife and son are listed with photos. We will document our adventures there and here for the results. For the pro bloggers, I'll take some suggestions. Thanks for everything and see you all soon.

We have one last consult with our doctors here. A relaxant for the son for his 16 hour trip, and my concern on continued use of his Baclofen. Any one with experience in these two areas would be much appreciated.

Please sign and don't be shy.

http://belbinblessings.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:

dlbelbin

Baclofen

All done. We decided to wean kenneth from his baclofen. He will have 5 days free of baclofen before treatment. As we try to add stem cells to develope, grow, reconnect, do its neuro thing, baclofen being a neuro drug may or may not have an affect. Actual conversation," Baclofen might alter the cell[?s ability to migrate and/or grow and develop. The neurotransmitter system it affects is relatively important for neuron migration during brain development. Unfortunately the studies have never been done so this is merely educated guess work on our part. Indeed it may turn out not to be an issue but we don?t know yet. One must balance that with the comfort of your child for a significant amount of time." etc. Some children have continued baclofen and have still shown results. Some children have shown results with stopping the baclofen. We will see how this works.

Other than that, add some benadrel for the light and we are set. We will revisit our baclofen dilema on our return. Hopefully he does not get too tight to change his diaper at 30,000 feet... I am sure all will go well.