Doctor restricted after patient reportedly dies from in-office stem cell procedure

yorkere

Patient reportedly dies from in-office stem cell procedure

Wow! At first, this looked like a weird disaster for safe & effective stem cell therapy, then on reading further, it definitely looks like a freak ACCIDENT!

The patient had an "adverse event", then fell & hit their HEAD! The rest reads:
"and was taken to North Naples Hospital on the next day. A CT scan showed significant swelling of the brain.

She suffered a severe brain stem injury and was taken off life support on April 2, according to the state report."

A bit of tortuous reasoning seems to be evident here, & I believe the rationale for this forthcoming "formal discipline" is a bit obvious...

Just my take; but what the hell do I know...?

Thanks, John Henry, for posting this...

Robert

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Yorkere - You know a lot! This is an attempt, once again, by the ISSCR undoubtedly, to discredit stem cell therapy. The story is more about someone that may have been released too soon from the doctor's care as she was still under the effects of anesthesia. She fell and died most likely from a brain injury. To relate this to the stem cells, is bad reporting, but exactly what the press does.
The fear is that this could cause a rippling effect just like the 60 Minutes story. Think about the number of deaths on a daily basis here in the U.S. from mix ups with drugs, poor care in hospitals or doctors that simply make mistakes and yet where are the stories about them? The FDA's "approved" drugs kill thousands every year.

This smacks of another attempt to curtail stem cell therapy here in the U.S. How many reading the article will truly understand that though? If you look at the comments, I would say very few.

I am not condoning what Dr. Grekos did as far as possibly releasing this woman too soon, but I am condemning the press for making it into a story about something that it is not.

Buddy74

If you go to the February 23 filing by the Florida Department of Health (a voluminous web-site) you can see the two month investigative report relating to this article and assimiliate first hand information to be further informed.