Daxas Approved QAB149 soon in U.S.

TESS37

Daxas

My Dad has emphasemia (not sure of spelling sorry) from heavy smoking for many years. What are the side effects of DAXAS does everyone here with COPD take them do they help your condition?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Some of the side effects are pretty severe, but they do go away with time. You might want to go to www.copdliving.com and click on Search and type in the word Daxas. This will give you an idea how some have fared with the drug. There are some other new drugs that will hopefully be on the market soon, hopefully without so many side effects. I use Daxas and am doing well with it, but unfortunately I can't say that for many others that I know that have tried it.

TESS37

Thanks Barbara

I tried typing in daxas in search but it wouldnt let me without becoming a member. I saw a few things when i googled it nausea weight loss diarhree and changes your thinking (suidial risks with some people). Hopefully new drugs comming sound better. This one sounds simular to antidepressant medication which he has had in the past which didnt agree with him. His thinking is very negative already and his body is very frail. Thanks for the info.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
I don't see an FDA approval date for the QAB149 in that article. I guess testing it on almost 5,000 people for six months wasn't proof enough that they should fast track it.

"We must intensify our efforts to increase awareness, prevention and detection, and to develop new treatments to help reduce the enormous burden COPD places on patients, their families and our healthcare system, " said John W. Walsh, president and co-founder of the US-based COPD Foundation. "Deaths from COPD are increasing much faster than previously projected, which should be a wake-up to all of us."
This COPD Foundation group is useless. It's nothing more than a lobbying group trying to get donations from us COPD sufferers so they can lobby in DC to get government money for who knows what? Keep their high paying jobs? They never talk about cures either. Just make people aware, try to prevent it and detect. I don't think there's a person over the age of 5 that doesn't know smoking is bad for you.

Sorry for the rant but these groups are of no use to us. Don't be fooled.

TESS37

Thanks Barbara
I clicked on the thread but it still wont let me without loggin. Dont worry I know your very busy he probably wont take them anyway. On the TV over here last night people are going to salt therapy treatment rooms and getting some relief for asthma and all sorts of breathing problems sounded interesting you probably have many of them in USA. Thanks again