Date set

alex

We set the date for my husband's stem cell treatment. We'll be flying to San Diego on August 10; his treatment is scheduled for August 11.

Dr. Ramirez will give him 4 vials of the CD34/CD133 stem cells plus 3 vials of mesenchymal cells. They will be delivered via catheter infusion into the brain.

We are excited and are hoping for some improvements.

Wish us luck.

alex

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure you are very excited and we all look forward to hearing from you when you return. You have such a caring and positive attitude and I am sure your husband benefits from that.

shazza

good luck!!!!

you go on my birthday alex, i'll be 46, ive had to put off going for treatment just yet as we'll need more money. but im hoping it wont be long before we go, but all the best alex, let us know how you get on, l have a book by dr david steenblock and dr anthony payne and they talk alot about dr ramirez and his clinic

Kaci's Mom

You're getting CLOSER!!!!

Alex,
Was thinking about your trip coming up soon!!! Good luck to you and your husband. If your trip is ANYTHING like ours, getting there on the airplane was more "eventful" than the actual stem cell transplant- although I understand the delivery method will be more invasive. If you guys will be going to the "clinic" to have this done, don't expect the place to be much- as my husbands says, "It's less than modest". But for being in Tijuana, I actually kind of expected it to look worse! Also, if you get a chance- tell Kevork aka "George" (I assume he's your driver?) that we say "HI".

Take Care, Best Wishes, and Good Luck!!!!!

Kristin

alex

Kristin,

Yes, we are getting kind of nervous and excited. One week from now, Frank will have had his stem cell treatment. Then it will be wait and see. But I am very optimistic and believe that it will give him some improvement.

Thanks to you, Dr. Lacroix extended to us the same price for the first 4 vials that he had given you. So, thank you!

I am trying to get everything ready, hoping that I won't forget anything. On Friday our resperatory company will bring us the portable concentrator, portable suction machine and portable pulse/ox. Dr. Lacroix's secretary also found a rental company in San Diego that will deliver a hospital bed and hoyer lift to the hotel. Plus, and I was really surprised, the hotel will provide pick-up from and to the airport in a wheelchair accessible van, free of charge.

In the meanwhile, we are trying to keep Frank from getting any infections (always a chance with the trach); super careful with trach care, keeping everything as clean as possible, gloves for everything. His doctor also told us to give him extra vitamin C, which we are doing.

The wait is making me a little nervous, but as I said I am trying to keep my thinking positive.

alex