Copd

thomas2639

Hi, my wife Kim just turned 73 on January31. She has advanced stage COPD and Rheumathoid Arthritis. Our altitude at home is approximately 6000 feet. We are conteemplating moving to a lower altitude in hopes that it will improve her breathng. In addition, we are seriously considering a stem cell therapy for her COPD. That is, if we are convinced that stem cell therapy is the answer to her illness, and, there is evidence that stem cell therapy works.
We welcome answers to our questions fro all sources and thanks for them.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Hi Thomas

I am hoping that Barb will respond to your posting as she lives in Denver and also deals with the high elevation and COPD. Speaking for my own experiences at higher altitudes I can guarantee that moving to a lower elevation will be a big help. I live at 200 ft and I notice difficulty breathing around 1700 ft. I would try spending a few weeks at a lower elevation to see how she feels before packing up and moving.

If you are interested in contacting clinics for stem cell treatment, you can send Barb a private message above.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Hi Thomas - I live in Denver and struggle with the high altitude. Jeannine is right however in suggesting that you go stay at a lower elevation for a month or more before packing up. I find I do best at elevations under 4000 ft. I love the salt air near the ocean in southern California, but living there for me is out of the question. There are other places I am exploring. I am doing much better even in a high altitude after having stem cell therapy and taking Daxas, but at low elevations I have been able to not have to use supplemental oxygen which is divine. I will send you a list of clinic resources by private message.