Conversations with Dr. Feinerman part 2 (the phone interview).

Blue7

This is my second interview with Dr. Feinerman today 5/26/2016. I put this information on here to help me as well as others .

Do you treat post stroke pain syndrome?

Dr. Feinerman: Yes

How many patients have you treated and what were the outcomes?

Dr. Feinerman: I've treated over a thousand patients with success.

Do you have any data to show that it's an effective treatment?

Dr. Feinerman: Yes, I do, but that data from those patients are confidential. However, within the next two years I am going to publish my data.

How come we can't use adult stem cells for this procedure?

Dr. Feinerman: They are adult stem cells from embilical cord blood. The stem cells come from companies that I've had ties with for years. They extract the neural stem cells from the cord blood. That way, there is no risk of getting graft vs host disease or cancer. Embryonic stem cells cause cancer because they cannot be controlled. But, embilical cord stem cells are adult stem cells and they don't carry those risks. There are two places that I consult/supervise over. One is a hospital in Cancun, Mexico and the other is in Lima, Peru. Lima, Peru would be the better place to go to because I know the neurosurgeon very well. The neurosurgeon has been practicing neurology and biophysics for eight years. The reason why I can't perform the procedure is because I'm only licensed to practice medicine in the U.S. However I am the consultant/supervisor and I have been dealing with the same people with for these procedures for years.

Are there any possible side effects?

Dr. Feinerman: There haven't been any life threatening side effects from this procedure.

What extraction/infusion method?

Dr. Feinerman: The stem cells are harvested from the embilical cord blood from the stem cell manufacturer. Then the cells are infused into the lumbar spinal column.

Is there any financing available?

Dr. Feinerman: Financing is available.

Adult adipose stem cells vs embilical cord stem cells for this procedure?

Dr. Feinerman:

Well, with adipose stem cells you are injecting mesenchymal Stem Cells in hopes that those stem cells will differinate into neural stem cells. With the neural stem cells you're getting them direct point blank period.

Do you perform clinical trials? Do you have data and numbers?

Dr. Feinerman: I don't perform clinical trials. All the procedures are patient funded.

Last edited:

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Dr. Javier Paino is the neurosurgeon in Peru that he is talking about. He is U.S. trained. Since Dr. Feinerman hasn't published any of the results, then it's hard to know the extent of improvements that patients have experienced at this point.

Umbilical cord stem cell treatment is a good option in my opinion. He is injecting them in the lumbar spinal column which is common. I wonder if he's ever tried intranasal delivery.

sandy1981

Hi Blue,

I did some internet search regarding Dr Burton and couldn't find anything conclusive about his treatment protocols and patents that hr/his clinic claims. may be barbara can point us if she knows anything about his patents.

also, as stem cells is still in research the kind of cost he is asking for this treatment seems way high than what I have heard or seen before.

Check Dr Neil Riordon's published papers or youtube videos to understand more about umbilical cord cells.

Again, I am no expert to comment on the type of cells. but all his claims about using neural stem cell line from umbilical with growth factors is something still unclear.

It would be nice to get patients info first hand to see what their experience was with the treatment protocol that Dr Burton is offering you.

Good luck!
Sandy

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Good suggestion about Dr. Riordan sandy1981. Most of the videos can be found on his CellMedicine website.

I sent an e-mail to Dr. Feinerman asking about the status of his patents. I know for a fact that he submitted them to a patent attorney for review, but I do not have information beyond that. That was in 2015.

As far as price, there are some clinics that charge less, some that charge far more. The price does not set off any alarm bells with me.

Dr. Feinerman's treatment that I received greatly improved my quality of life. I have no negative things to say about it. I have the utmost respect for him. However, I have COPD and my treatment cannot be compared in any way to the treatment he is proposing for your condition blue7.

Blue7

Good suggestion about Dr. Riordan sandy1981. Most of the videos can be found on his CellMedicine website.

I sent an e-mail to Dr. Feinerman asking about the status of his patents. I know for a fact that he submitted them to a patent attorney for review, but I do not have information beyond that. That was in 2015.

As far as price, there are some clinics that charge less, some that charge far more. The price does not set off any alarm bells with me.

Dr. Feinerman's treatment that I received greatly improved my quality of life. I have no negative things to say about it. I have the utmost respect for him. However, I have COPD and my treatment cannot be compared in any way to the treatment he is proposing for your condition blue7.
Thank you Barbara, I appreciate it.