Clinical Trial in Miami for COPD and Stem Cells

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Duncan Ross recently obtained Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval to perform a patient sponsored clinical trial for chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD) using mesenchymal stem cells purified from fat, through the Kimera Society. Kimera Labs in association with Global Stem Cells Group plans to apply the same approach to diabetes and other autoimmune diseases.
Ross joins a group of esteemed stem cell researchers and physicians on the Global Stem Cells Group Advisory Board, who contribute their expertise and provide strategic advice for the management of the international biotech company.
To learn more, visit the Global Stem Cells Group website, email bnovas(at)stemcellsgroup(dot)com, Or call +1 305 560 5337.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/GlobalStemCellsGroup/DuncanRossAdvisoryBoard/prweb13369710.htm

dee geardino

clinical trial by Dr Duncan Ross NCT02216630

I I am thinking of doing the Stem cells trial on clinical trial.gov trial # 02216630. I live in New jersey and they have one going on in Manhattan N.Y and a couple of other places has anyone done this yet. I know we have to pay even though it is a trial one of my questions is I have Medicare and if I should get sick because of this trial will my medicare cover me,they say you have to let your insurance know you are doing this.They take the fat and get your cells from that.I seen were a lady wrote in about her pulmonary Dr.Let me tell you my little story about my pulmonary Dr that I have been going to for 15 years. I printed out all the information on this trial and droped it of at his office a day before my appointment so he would have time to read it. I asked him what he thought about the trial he said it is Snake Oil and it isn't even in this countey.He said no it is not that is how I know he did not read one word about the trial or he would have seen it was in a couple of places in the USA I never thought he would be so closed minded,I am thinking of getting another Doctor because of this,I would not feel so bad if I knew he took the time to read all the information on this that I gave Him.I would like any information you all have on this trial,maybe Barbara could check it out.Will be waiting for answers. Thank You Dee Geardino --deegeardino@optonline.net

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Do not be alarmed by your doctor's reaction. It's very common for some old school docs to not embrace what they consider "unproven" technology, a technology that many of them think is threatening to their own livelihood. They don't mind handing out steroids and drugs like candy, but heaven forbid if a patient wants to try something else because the steroids and drugs just aren't working that well. What I find interesting is that some patients have told me that their doctors at the Cleveland Clinic and other such places actually have suggested to them to try stem cell therapy. It's disappointing that your doctor would actually call stem cell therapy snake oil. He seems out of touch quite frankly.

Keep in mind however that some patients respond differently to treatment. Have reasonable expectations and if you decide to join a study or clinical trial be prepared to do the follow up necessary to help those conducting the study get the information they are seeking.

As for informing Medicare, what would be the point? As far as I know, this is still a free country and if you should choose to participate in this study, then it's your business.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Ask the Doctor for this month will be posted in the Spotlight section by the end of May.

I'm sorry but I don't know what m&M is. Could you explain?