Changing of meds

John

Pioneer Founding member
I've read several people saying that they got their meds changed after they got the stem cell treatment. Was this due to a review of your medical history by Dr. F? I'm not refering the the HUGE pile of pills that Dr. F wants us to take. The ones I'm curious about are the inhalers. I just looked and found my medical records that I failed to remember to give to Ana when I was in San Diego....or maybe I was supposed to send them to Dr. F?
John

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Meds

I know that the regimen has changed from when Jeannine and I got our treatment. You should check with the doctor as Ana is not a doctor and would not be able to advise you on this. There is a good possibility that he will want you to be taking what he recommends if you aren't already. You should already be starting the supplements.

John

Pioneer Founding member
I've started the diet and all of the supplements except one I haven't gotten my hands on yet. I did fill out paper work before I went out to San Diego and told them what inhalers and other meds I was taking. Never heard another word about it so I just figured that they saw no reason to change the ones I'm already using. The only contact I've had so far was a call from Ana to see how I was feeling. Gee, I haven't felt anything one way or the other. I mean, I feel fine but really don't expect anything to really change for a while. What doctor an I supposed to contact if I have questions? I assume it's not Dr F. The doctor that put the stuff in me was a thin dark haired lady. Oh well, worse case is to call Ana and ask her who I should call. Thanks for the reply
John the curmudgeon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
You are on your own to a certain point

John - I think you should have read our book. You are going to be on your own a lot except at least you have the forum to ask questions on. I will give you the number you need to use to contact your doctor in a private e-mail. Glad to hear you are taking the supplements. Which one are you unable to find? I never could find one or two of them myself.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
John
I found all of the supplements I needed except for Luteolin.

All of the others were for sale on Puritan. That's why we put a link on our site to theirs. Their prices are awesome too.

John

Pioneer Founding member
I don't have the one you mentioned on my list. I'll email you what I got from SCB as an attachment. There will be the list of supplements and the page with the diet suggestions. Maybe they've revised things in the past few months.
John

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Supplements

I don't think they've revised their list. We use the one that came from the doctor.

Connie Golden

Pre & Post Stem Cell Protocol

I can see how Jeannine and Barbara have been struggling to give us the list of supplement, list of dos and don't, etc. I am going to throw a few more considerations into the pot based on instructions from Dr. Luis Diaz (Los Algodones), some of which make eminently good sense, such as:
2 days - Do not over tax yourself
8 days - Stay away from hot places,e.g. spas, saunas, etc.
15 days - No red meat, milk products or x-rays.
30 days - No vaccinations like flu or hepatitis vaccines

Since I will receive my cells 10/4 (what a great date!!!), I plan to try to get the flu shots prior.
I am waiting for my shippment of vitamen supplements any day so I can get started. I did get my yellow (beginners) PowerLung and let me tell you, even at the easiest position, I had trouble the first two days even breathing into it! Day five and I moved it a 1/4 turn!!lll Progress is slow but it's progress.
Have the doctors said anything about how hard we should be exercising after the StemCells? As you recommend, I will ask the Doctors about recommended medications post cell treatment.
I have dietary questions, such as does dairy include eggs? I can't imagine it includes yogurt??!! Also find it hard to remove a glass of red wine (since this will be my substitute for a very dry martini with three olives). I'm all for the 24oz. glass too. Connie Golden

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Sorry, Connie

I hate to disappoint you, but yogurt is definitely a dairy product. Eggs are out too. Get your flu vaccine now if you can. And the advice on the X-ray is good - none for at least 6 months after. Do not start taking all the supplements until after your treatment. They are to help with the engraftment. You do not have the new cells, so there is nothing to engraft at this point. Keep using the Power Lung faithfully. You will see progress believe me. As far as exercise, just don't go nuts, but don't lay around like a stuffed sausage either. Do what you can. Larry has a glass of wine now and then and so does Nassin. I do not, but plan to when my 6 months is up.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
No Cats for me

Connie - I was told to avoid X-rays for at least 6 months. I was also told not to stand within 6 feet of the microwave or TV. I am not needing a CAT scan now. I would rather have a facial for the same amount of money that one would cost me at this point. I am not ill, I cannot see what good it would do to get one prior to my 6 months after appointment, so that is about the best answer I can give you. Maybe, some others will join in. Jeannine was forced to get an X-ray if you read our book, but to my knowledge none of the other Pioneers have had one. Also, there is some discussion about the egg situation and I am going to throw it out (pun intended) to the doctor on the Ask the Doctor category that we will be having soon. I don't eat a lot of eggs and when I do, I only eat eggs from my own duck herd that I keep here on the refuge. Eggs are grouped with dairy products, but is an egg really a no no? That will be the question. Until, you go however, you don't have to be on the diet. I hope you are trying to relax and not worry too much. Easier said than done - I was so SOB before I left, my son almost had to carry me out to the RV! I think you said you were driving. Is that correct? I think when you ladies get to San Diego, they had better watch out! Just don't party too much and get thrown out of the hotel. HA Do look forward to it. It will be an easy experience for you. Remember, the process of engraftment can be going on for up to two years so you need to be patient. The progress can be maddeningly slow sometimes, but it is progress nevertheless. I was constantly regressing prior to my treatment. It is nice to be headed in the right direction now!

rosech44

Flu Shots

I'm Not Even Sure We Can Get Flu Shots Now, I Have Heard Nothing About The New Vaccine Being Out---guess I'd Better Check With My Dr.---

Are You Sure About The Eggs:(, They Aren't A Dairy Product---nor Are They A Red Meat---

Went To Portland Today--looked For Swim Suit--all Gone----

Rose

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Eggs

I already posted somewhere about the eggs. I was told that they were in the dairy category. I really think we will ask Dr. F about them on the new "Ask the Doctor" column. I think it came from the eggs/dairy category that the goverment used in its food pyramid. If we can't eat eggs, we can always throw them. I guess you will have to go skinny dipping for sure if the swimsuits were all sold out. You don't need to worry about your diet for a few more weeks anyway.

rosech44

skinny dipping

I'm not sure that fancy resort would want a short fat person skinny dipping in their pool, so I shall have to pass on that one LOL

Rose

Connie Golden

Meds and More

Barbara,

Thank you for your sage advise. I will store my supplements until after 10/4 and try to get my flu shot as soon as possible if they are available. Hopefully, someone with some technical knowledge of medical equipment can answer Nans question which is a good one.

Connie

Connie Golden

California Trip

I did call our county Health Department re flu vaccines and was told not to expect any until the end of October at the earliest.

Egg substitutes work very well!

I will be flying to San Diego on the 3rd. My daughter is coming from her home in Poland if all goes well for her. If not, guess my son will get the honors. Thought I might stay an extra day and maybe take in the zoo or something? Any ideas? Years ago they had a tram/train at the zoo so I imagine they still do.

All best,
Connie

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Connie - They also have the Wild Animal Park where you can take a tram and all the animals roam free. The zoo in San Diego was always outstanding I thought. I think it would be good to stay an extra day and just relax. You will have earned it. That would be exciting if you got to see your daughter that lives in Poland too. Maybe, you should stay two extra days! Do you get around okay or is walking difficult for you? I felt really good there. Just the right amount of humidity and for me a much lower altitude. This is an exciting month for many forum members and next month will be too. Remember, the no alcohol starts 3 days prior to treatment for any of you who like a drink now and then. I am sure glad they didn't ban important stuff like chocolate cake and pies and that sort of thing.

rosech44

flu shots

I had my flu shot late this last time, didn't get it til Jan--I was thinking we wouldn't be able to get shots before--the next flu vaccine will be different than the ones we got last time. If we can't get them til later, do we then have to wait until the 6 months is over?????

Rose

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
A good Ask the Doctor question

Excellent question for our new category, "Ask The Doctor". I am going to write this question down and the one about eggs and the CAT scan. If I have forgotten any other questions, please send me an e-mail and we will try to include them in the new category we will be having. Two doctors have now agreed to participate for which we are very grateful.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Barb

Looking back on our trip, it's a shame we couldn't have gone to the Zoo. I know we tried the bird refuge but we seemed to be in such a hurry.

The next time we get together let's spend more time just hanging out.