Blindness from Lazer Surgery

jpfarm

Hi,

I just wanted to share this information underr a different title and area, just in case someone has a similar problem.

About 15 years ago, I had 2 blood vessels burst in my eye. Because of this, I had to undergo several lazer surgeries to caurturize the bleeding and some repair work. From that time on, I have been totaly blind in my right eye. Dr. said it may eventually come back but couldn't garuntee anything.

The only improvement over the next 15 years, was a slight increase in periphial vision, I could see some light and some color.

In October of this year, I went through autologous stem cell which are called a "blastomere like stem cells". I went through my secondr round of this treatment last week and here are my results.

Immediatly I saw an improvemnt in my periphial vision, started seeing outlines and definition. Throughout the month of October it steadily improved to the point that I started seeing some light and color directly in front of me. After the treatment last week my vision improved, almost all the way across my eye now. Only problem is darkness doesn't seem to draw in enough light yet.

Come to find out I have already found a person that had a similar problem with one of her eyes (she is highly considering the treatment).

The other positive thing about the eye improvement is that it is a nerve. Maybe not the same kind of nerve as my disease (CMT) but still a nerve.

Hope this helps someone to find this information and if I can be of any help, let me know.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
JPFARM

Thanks for sharing and it's great that you have seen such improvements. Can you tell me where you had this treatment?

jpfarm

Clinical Study

Hi, Jeannine,

This is a clinical study and I had top sign a disclosure agreement, for this reason I can't post names or places or actual process only results and what is already available for the public.

If you or someone you know is interested, it is my understanding that they are considering an additional trial. I would be glad to give contact inf0ormation to them.

Thanks,
John

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
JP - I think what you mean is that if someone is interested, that you will give their contact info to the company. A person should include his or her diagnosis, name, telephone number and e-mail address. I am also happy to pass the information along to them. A confidentiality agreement will be required of anyone wanting to participate. I signed one with them just to be able to inform members that they were having a trial, so this is a strict requirement.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I thought that was what you meant and wanted to make sure as this company is very big on confidentiality which is not unusual.