Bioregenesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

normbourne

Good Day everyone,

I would be interested to hear of anyone who has undergone treatment, or who has any information on the "Bioregenesis Institute"

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
BioRegenesis Institute aka Heygen is not a company I can recommend

I had three treatments there. I can no longer recommend this company to anyone for personal reasons I can't disclose at this time. I personally have totally lost confidence in the work of BioRegenesis, Dr. Daniel Royal (Royal Medical Group) and Dr. Henry Young, PhD and have completely disassociated myself from this operation. As mentioned before, I have SUBSTANTIAL questions about the company.
They have a new name now from what I understand, HeyGen. It won't change my opinion, in fact, I would have to ask why.

As for any conclusions as to whether or not the treatments were of any benefit to me, no lung function tests were given to me at any time so there is no way to determine efficacy. I was also not asked to provide any. After 3 treatments, I would have hoped to have significant improvement, as the cost really starts to add up, but I am still on oxygen 24/7. I also got very ill after the third treatment. I don't know if it was the treatment itself or just the risks that we all take when traveling. I started taking Daliresp and that is when I noticed positive changes as far as a major reduction in shortness of breath. I am not a wealthy person and if stem cell therapy needs to be continually repeated to simply tamp down inflammation (which at this point, for me, is as much as I can say the treatments were doing), then I will stick to Daliresp (Daxas outside the U.S.) which very effectively does that on a daily basis at far less expense. This drug is FDA approved and safety and efficacy have been established. I can't say that safety and efficacy were established for any of the stem cell treatments I have had. If they were, then companies should provide this information to patients in my opinion. I also question the safety of frequent stem cell treatments of any kind.

Some patients have told me that they thought they felt better after treatment, but thinking you do and knowing you really did get verifiable improvements are two different things. Thinking of all the patients who are getting stem cell treatments for lung disease and the small handful who report that they have felt improvements, either the vast majority are not seeing significant change or they don't want to talk about it if they do. Since human nature is probably more inclined to make people excited to talk about a life changing event, such as feeling significantly better, getting off of O2, etc., I would have to conclude that stem cell treatment just isn't where it needs to be for COPD as well as some other conditions. Dr. Kadish mentioned in the Ask the Doctor that he hosted last month that he felt that auto-immune disease and neurological disorders had the best response from the studies he has done. Since he is diligently tracking patients, I value his opinion far more than those who are not.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Often times you see some good improvements at first and then it gradually fades away after 6 months. At least that's what has happened to me. I hope you continue to see improvements.

I am on hold as far as further treatments at this time until I can see long lasting improvements.

Barb and I are working on some exciting new projects that we are hoping to share with our members before the end of September so keep checking back.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
As mentioned previously, patients need to quit throwing money at clinics who refuse to do legitimate testing. Stem cell therapy is very expensive. The least that could be done is some simple tracking that would enable patients to make decisions about their own health based on statistical information, not anecdotal information and unverified testimonials. In my opinion, a clinic that isn't making an effort to do this is not having the type of success that would warrant anyone spending the money and time required to get a treatment.

If a clinic is having a high success rate, it is in their own best interests to do the proper testing to prove this. Patients would be beating the door down to get treatment at such a clinic. Believe me, word would spread like wildfire.

Many clinics don't even phone to see how the patient is post treatment. Patients can die and they don't even know it. We deserve better than this.
Stem cell therapy can be risky. The problem I am seeing is that the patients are the ones taking all the risks, not the owners of companies. Patients are paying out large sums of money for hope. We really deserve better. I applaud the few clinics that are really diligently trying to determine the safety and efficacy of the treatments they are giving to patients. Those clinics should be supported.

I simply am not that desperate any more to risk my health with unproven techniques and therapies. Been there, done that. Don't ever want to do it again. I am still suffering because of an unwise decision. I can't tell you how much I regret having treatment with another company operated by Larry Howard who is now involved in BioRegenesis Institute as well as Heygen or whatever they are now calling themselves. If you get sick or something goes wrong, you are on your own. There are other good clinic options, so why settle for less? Also, if peripheral blood treatments were the best solution, why aren't other clinics using that method? Dr. Henry Young who works with Larry Howard claimed he could cure COPD in 4 treatments. CURE!!! After 3 treatments, I concluded I was no closer to having my condition cured than I was before I had any treatment using Dr. Young's "regenerative pluripotent" stem cells. This treatment is far too expensive for zero scientifically or medically proven results. Anyone that would claim that their treatment can cure people, should be held accountable. Where is the cure Dr. Young??? He also has not been upfront about his own treatment, nor has anyone at the company. He received stem cells from another person, not his own, a slight little detail that he has failed to mention to many potential clients when describing his own success with treatment. That can make a huge difference in the outcome. As always, BUYER BEWARE.

Status
Not open for further replies.