Barbara Tiny Coils

dee geardino

Hi Barbara I have a question for the doctor. I had two lung reduction done in Penn.I had the right side done around 1999 and my breathing was good for about 10 years that about 2010 I went and had the other side done was good but not like the first time. Because of the lung volume reduction surgery will I be able to get the Tiny Coils in my lungs or will that stop me.I know years ago Dr Cooper in Penn was talking ( I think Dr Cooper is the Greatest ) about the coils but he said at that time it was not ready. I was wondering which way was the best the Tiny Coils or the Stem Cells that I am looking into.Barbara I have written to you a couple of times over the years.Oh before I forget I went to sign up for pulmonary rehab again,I had stopped going for about ayear and a half,I was told I could not go to rehab because I was not hospitalized in the past year. I have been going to pulmonary rehab on and off for about 10 years or more and never had a problem going back,my pulmonary doctor said another person with a heart and lung problem was turned down also.It was not my insurance that turned me down because I would be in phase 3 and you pay for it yourself which I was doing for a couple of years.I don't understand it,I was told to go to a fitness center which is out of the question because I use oxygen and would go through it really fast and the fitness center does not have oxygen to use.I still don't know what I am doing about that stem cell trial NCT02216630 I am scared of the liposuction, the lvrs didn't scare me one bit because I knew I would be asleep this they just numb you up.Barbara Thank You for letting me bend your ear! Hugs Dee Geardino

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
The doctor for next month is only accepting questions on orthopedics. The coils also reduce lung volume. I doubt you would be a candidate, but I don't know that for sure. You need to contact a facility that is doing the procedure. The doctors who host here mainly field questions about stem cell therapy. The coils do not fit in that category.

That's really sad about not getting to go to pulmonary rehab when you were paying for it out of pocket anyway. You may have to find a fitness program to suit your needs that you could do at home if possible. (DVD, CD, TV, online?)

Do not be afraid of liposuction procedures done by competent doctors. They can give you something to deaden the pain. There are also clinics that do bone marrow or peripheral blood treatments if you prefer.