Baby steps and puddle jumps......

Mysty119

Ok......I didn't want to share this until I was sure it wasn't just a one or two or three time thing. But.......normally, when I'd go down stairs to exercise on the treadmill (always done with O2), I would get tired after about two laps (1/2 mile)---sometimes less, and have to stop and rest for 3 or 4 minutes before I continued on. And when I'd stop to rest, I'd stay standing on the treadmill and take my heart rate which would always be maybe 110 and up to as high as 125 or more.
Well, of late, I've been noticing that I don't tire as soon as before. So, even though I didn't feel tired or to the point of breathing too hard, I'd stop after 2 laps and take my heart rate reading again. It has not been above 100!!!! It is staying at about 95 or lower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND---this may be too soon to know as a "for sure", rather than a fluke-----but, normally when I'm finished with the treadmill and the weights, I rest about 3 minutes and go back upstairs. This is 13 steps. And normally, I'd do the learned breathing method at pulmonary rehab while ascending the steps and would have to rest a few beats halfway up the steps. Today----for the third time--I managed to go all the way up the stairs without being tired and having to rest AND I was just breathing normally!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo!!!
After a while I will try the next step if only for a few minutes. You see, I only need (thankfully), the O2 when I sleep and when exerting myself. So---I will be trying the treadmill without the nose hose while monitoring my O2 readings. Hey---if it works for only a few minutes----it would still be progress!!!!!!!! Just had to share with you all.

rosech44

baby steps

Bea----That is wonderful news, I've been wondering how everyne is doing that had the autolugas stem cells. Still hoping that I can have it in the future, if the cancer stays away----