Anniversaries and milestones

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Barb

I'm glad you are doing so well. I've had a few lousy days this week although I can do more and walk farther than before, today I walked at least 1,000 feet without stopping or getting out of breath, but had two bouts of shortness of breath this week when I was trying to get ready to leave for work. I guess I've gotten spoiled because it used to take me at least an hour to shower, dress and head out to work because I had to stop and catch my breath so often, but now it takes me about 30 minutes so I was surprised to get SOB two mornings in a row.

I had a very busy weekend though. Cleaned out a few drawers in my bedroom, fixed eggs and sausage for breakfast on Saturday and later in the day drove to the beach with my husband to visit my sister. My sister has three flights of stairs to get to her main floor (she lives by the ocean so the property is elevated). I used to have to stop at each landing for at least a minute or so to catch my breath, but this time I was able to climg all three flights at once and was only mildly short of breath when I finished. I was wearing my O2 while climbing but removed it shortly afterward.

On sunday, we went to brunch and did some shopping at two different stores. I can remember 6 months ago when I dreaded doing anything because I would be sob all the time. My quality of life has improved quite a bit.

I know what you mean about having trouble letting go of the O2. I never leave home without it, even though lately I've been using it all of maybe 10 minutes during the day and that's usually to go to and from my office to my car.

Overall, I would say I am still seeing improvements.

rosech44

Jeannine and barbara

You both give us so much inspiration--I am sooo Happy for both of you--and grateful that you led the way to a new life for all of us----

YOU GO GIRLS!!!!!

ROSE

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Rose

Rose - May you be able to pass the torch soon. I get so much pleasure reading about the first little signs of improvement for those that get stem cell treatment. I look forward to reading yours. I will probably be able to hear you in Denver when you take that first good breath. One thing I want to remind everyone is don't forget that a few bad days don't mean a thing. You will be up and down for awhile, no matter what disease you suffer from. Ed experienced it, all of us lungers have and it is normal. For those of you that have read our book you know that you are in for a very special ride. A bit bumpy now and then, but well worth it.