Alliance for the Advancement of Cellular Therapies conference details

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Thank you SammyJo for providing this.

http://www.patientsforstemcells.org/access-to-stem-cell-therapy-2015/

The Alliance for the Advancement of Cellular Therapies (AACT), organizer of this event, is a welcome new ally, the bridge between patients, government and regenerative medicine leaders who can finally make real change happen. ACCT is dedicated to the ethical, efficacious, and expeditious advancement of cell therapies.

To help spread awareness and education about cellular therapy, AACT can send a personal conference invite to your doctor, send a request to info@AACT.co
Kathy Hebert

Patients are core stakeholders of ACCT, thanks to President and Co-Founder Kathy Hebert.Her personal experience with life-changing cellular therapies ignited her passion to bring everyone together to achieve the best possible patient outcomes.

For the conference, Kathy has brought together a group of presenters, keynoted by Arnold Caplan,Ph.D. Mark Holterman, MD. Ph.D.ACCT Chairman and Co-Founder, and Paolo Macchiarini, MD, Ph.D

Leading up to the conference we will profile the contributions these luminaries have already made to the lives of patients, as architects of accelerated access, and best in-class clinicians utilizing cell therapy to address difficult disease such as heart failure, auto immune disease, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, osteoarthritis, and more.

Presenters will also include those involved in legislation that swept the nation as 22 states passed “Right To Try” laws for terminally ill patients to access experimental therapies, including biologics like stem cells. Then on July 10th, 2015 the 21st Century Cures Act was approved by the U.S. House of Representatives, also addressing ways to speed regenerative medicine access. Now is the time for us to dive into the details of all these initiatives, and make sure our best interests as patients are met.

A special thank you to Dr. Camillo Ricordi for publishing the Proceedings of the AACT conference in CellR4

SammyJo

Thank you for posting this Barb!

This does present a unique opportunity for patients to spread some awareness to their doctors. How many times have we all asked our doctors "When will we have stem cell therapy?" and they look at us like we are crazy. This science is moving forward in university hospital trials, so here's your chance to spread the word!

To help spread awareness and education about cellular therapy, AACT can send a personal conference invite to your doctor, send a request to info@AACT.co
Kathy Hebert

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
My only fear is that special interests will do their best to quash any progress that we hope to make. I don't know about anyone else, but I have grown weary of every "social justice" movement that is getting full court press and action while terminally and chronically ill patients are expected to lay down and die while waiting for experimental treatments that could very well save their lives or at the least give them a much better quality of life than they are experiencing.

To my point, yesterday I spoke with a patient who is in an approved FDA clinical trial for a drug for pulmonary fibrosis. PF is a fatal disease that often kills within 3-5 years or less of diagnosis. He said the trial started out as a 2 year trial. He does not know if he is getting the real deal or a placebo. Now, they have extended the trial to 5 years. He wanted to have stem cell treatment and was told that if he did, he would be immediately taken out of the clinical trial and would be unable to get the medication. Not knowing if he is getting a placebo or not, knowing the limited time he has, he opted to have stem cell treatment and not disclose it. Who can blame him?

Accelerated access to stem cell therapies and other medications is what modern medicine needs to be about, not the old archaic regulatory burdened trials that drag on for years and years while patients suffer and die. I sincerely hope that this conference is a great success and that it will lead to a transformation of the industry.