Air seal trial

alg

Mayo Clinic is doing a trial for "Air Seal"" It's an injection to seal the large holes in lungs;
I was there (Mayo in Fla.) Last week for some testing and told about this. I do not qualify and did not even know about this trial .
The doctor suggested it .

Just thought I would pass it along for anyone interested.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I guess you are talking about bullae. That is good news for those that have that condition, but as Jeannine mentioned in another post, clinical trials are very hard on sick people. I wish they would fast track some of these procedures.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
ALG - Why didn't you qualify?

They're making it so hard to even qualify for treatment they have trouble finding people who do. Blame the FDA for the strict guidelines. Doctors have been injecting stents for year and replacing heart valves and no one "qualifies". You need them you get them. Why aren't people with lung disease given options?

alg

Hi J

I had Pleurodesis 2 times trying to re inflate my lung , this failed then had surgery to undo this at another hospital.

My understanding is , for most trials, To qualify you must have no other health issues other then the current condition.