6 month progress report

Pat

Afew of you have been following my progress on my blog but I wanted to make sure this was available to all and provide a final update before I have aother stem cell treatment in the future. I was seen last week at a major medical center with three days of testing. The greatest news was that my pulmonary function tests were essentially the same as two years ago. My Echogram was normal and my chest xray unchanged. As all of you know, since we suffer from a chronic progressive disease not to have seen a decline was close to a miracle for me. I, of course, attribute my results to the stem cell treatment I had and to Stem Cell Advance. I have been participating the SCA protocol for about 5 months. I think the SCA has also helped and I advise everyone to consider taking it. On a spiritual note (I'm not a religious nut) I also believe the prayers of friends have also helped me to cope and survive. I am grateful to Barbara and Jeannine for starting stem cell pioneers; we are all benefitting. Happy Breathing. Pat:)

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Pat - Your very kind words are appreciated. I agree with you wholeheartedly that non progression is an improvement. Thank you very much for your update.
When will you be getting another treatment?

By the way, Stem Cell Advance has a whole new look for those of you that didn't know. We have changed the name to Stemtrition to reflect the fact that it is also a nutritional supplement as well as one that stimulates a person's own stem cells. You can now purchase it in a 500-ct size as well as a 130-ct size. I use it every day myself as do a couple of my fur kids.

Pat

More questions

Barbara, I understand that adipose tissue yields more stem cells than bone marrow. Who is doing such treatments? I probably won't have another treatment until next winter. Still feeling happy with my results. Pat

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Dr. Lopez, Regenerative Medicine Institute, Mexico has a few COPD patients in a clinical protocol he is conducting that received adipose derived stem cells recently.

Dr. Grossman has plans for a clinical trial, hopefully this year.

I honestly do not know of any clinic that has any patient data for the treatment of COPD using strictly adipose stem cell treatment that is more than a few months old. If anyone has had such a treatment or knows of a clinic treating lung disease strictly with adipose derived stem cells, I hope they will take the time to post.

JC the Fox

And it's inexpensive, comparatively

I found this not too long ago - cost for an adipose stem cell therapy (done in one day) is $1750. I haven't contacted him to see if he has performed the procedure for anyone with COPD or the results of same.

www.azstemcellcenter.com

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
JC - The number of stem cells he is talking about is not clinically relevant for treatment for a disease like COPD. If this were a treatment that could help with major disease, you would be waiting a year for an appointment.

Buyer Beware

JC the Fox

Playing with the numbers

Those numbers tend to confuse me most of the time. The doctor in AZ states that he gets 10-50 million stem cells from a "sample" of adipose tissue, but he does not state how large that sample is. On the other hand, Dr. Grossman says that 1-3 ounces of fat yields 20-100 million cells, yet 7-10 ounces yields 100-600 million cells. That is up to a ten-fold ratio variation; and if the one boy's 3 ounces yielded a billion cells, that variation gets even greater.

When was the clinically relevant number of stem cells established, and by whom?

poobear

stem cell treatment

I found this not too long ago - cost for an adipose stem cell therapy (done in one day) is $1750. I haven't contacted him to see if he has performed the procedure for anyone with COPD or the results of same.

www.azstemcellcenter.com
july 30, 2010
had stem cell treatment 10 days ago in az at total wellness medical center for sci. people nice and treatment completed in one day as represented. have had no noticeable improvement or reverse [as yet]. if anyone has any questions contact me. poobear7788@comcast.net

JC the Fox

Details

Poobear - Thanks for sharing your experience. Do you know how much fat tissue was used? Did they tell you how many cells were extracted/infused?

More importantly, did you get to play any golf while you were there? Or has the spinal injury prevented that?

JC

Posting this at Poobear's request - Technocracy

morning jc and barbara, dr proefrock [a naturopathic not an md] spent at least an hour explaning what he was going to do and i must admit made no otlandish promises or representations.he gave me 8 injections of 1,000,000 plus stem cells plus a million plus intervinously. i was in his clinic approx. 4 hours an cought a plane home the same day. [do not sugest anyone try it it was extremly painful and it seemed like 10 hours instead of 5.] guys please excuse the spelling i never could spell and no jc not well enough to play golf buy i sure miss it.
barb please show me how to use this sight i have no idea what im doing,also contact me at my e-mail if you want to know anything else regards,poobear.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Poobear - Just sign in and go to the discussion area that applies to the topic you wish to post about. Then click on New Thread and start a new topic. You must create a title to do this. When you have written what you want to write, click on Submit and it will be posted. You can edit your post if you don't like it by clicking on the Edit button. If you are simply replying to someone else's post, sign in and click on the Reply button at the bottom of their post.

I am not stating that this man is claiming anything other than what he says he will do. My statement is that I do not believe he will be able to generate any significant change for most patients with what he is doing.

When you state injections, injections into where? Also, no one should EVER rush home after therapy like you did. The stem cells are vulnerable to such stress. You did yourself no favors by doing this and it is unfortunate that you weren't given that advice. When you say you had so much pain, was it from the lipo? Is it better now? How was the liposuction done? Did you have a local anesthetic or twilight anesthesia? I have lots of questions about this procedure as you can see. Were you bruised? Were you given any instructions if you had continuing pain? Don't worry about your spelling, just give us the low down. Thanks.

One more thing - when you sign in, always click on Remember Me. That gives you unlimited time to write posts. Otherwise, you may get automatically clocked out after a certain amount of time which can be very frustrating.