What's new?

jgp

Barb; This article tells me that as far as drugs that help but don't cure have come as far as they can and the next step would have to cure, they don't want to lose money so they pause to collect their blood money. The trials at Johns Hopkins that showed that losartan and other arbs slow emphysema shows that it can be cured and that they are close. The article is www.dddmag.com/news/2016/01/copd-treatment-pipeline-lacks-robust-innovation this tells me big pharma is going to stand pat. The best helper drugs I believe is UltibroBreezhaler in the Canadian dose of 110/50. That is just my judgement, my idea of a cure is ppar alpha and ppar gamma taken intra nasally because orally the dosage would be too great and so would the side effects. Here is a trial using humans www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22321707 and www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22659583 not too often do they use humans in research. God bless all

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Great find jgp! The article is damning evidence in my opinion of how Big Pharma doesn't want a cure. Notice how they claim that the real problem is poor adherence to medication. I did try the UltibroBreezhaler but other than only needing to use it once per day as compared to twice a day with Advair, I noticed very little difference. I take Losartan and for me that seems very beneficial.