Pollen or something else?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Posted for a forum member and Dr. Ghen's response

I'm having a HUGE problem breathing in the last week. I just got over a bout of pneumonia so I know that isn't my problem...finished the antibiotics last weekend. Usually driving back and forth to work or walking into my office I have my O2 set at 2 LPM in the car and 3 LPM for getting into the office. Now driving I find I can't use the demand setting and even 2 LPM on constant and my stats drop into the low 80's and take forever to come up even when I turn the O2 up to 3 LPM continuous. Now then....is this possibly due to tree pollen and stuff like that? We have a bumper crop of flowers and tree pollen because last year was such a great growing year. Any thoughts. Oh yea, my nose runs when I do anything and I'm sneezing a bit too.

Let?s first assume it is a pollen problem. If one is allergic then the reaction is caused by a release of vaso active substances including histamine. Hence the use of anti histamines for allergies. Unfortunately, the best use of anti histamines is PRIOR to an attack, before these substances attach themselves to the receptor site. However, there are several good natural products as well when used in large enough doses. These include Vit. C and Bioflavonoids. In addition, the mineral magnesium is especially helpful and some of the mucus membrane enhancers like beta carotene and Vit, A can also help. Also, determining what foods that may be provoking could also be helpful. Certainly, a good health care practioner should be able to determine what exactly is going on and if indeed there is an allergic difficulty to really treat.

Health, Happiness and Hugs

Dr. G

Mysty119

similar symptoms

As I told you before, I came down with this "terrible cold" thing that everyone seems to be having. And, even those who have no breathing problems are finding that this cold hangs on for 3 or 4 weeks. Mine started April 3rd. Had to do the prednisone thing by Apr. 7th. The congestions broke (with the aid of Mucinex and Cat's Claw), the weakness decreased. Here we are a month later, and I still have a conjestive cough. Am able to get the mucus up if I work real hard at it. Also had the watery eyes and the sneezing. I STILL can't seem to get off the O2 24/7. Usually, I only need the 02 when I sleep or exert myself.
I check my O2 readings regularly. Just sitting at my computer, my readings finally got up to 92 or 93 last weekend and early this past week without the oxygen. (Before the cold---they were 96 and 97). But, in the last few days my readings have fallen down to 84 or 87 with no O2. In checking back---the weather here in the last few days has been very humid. The humidity does a number on us. I still can't quite get rid of this cold or the tiredness it brings. I also take Allegra every day. All I know is that I'm really tired of this. I just want to "be done with it"!!!!!!!!!!!

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Lengthy crud

I can say that my stem cell therapy and the use of the supplements that I take have left me totally "cold free" all year. I was always getting something like you describe and the length of such illnesses meant that I pretty much had something going year round. I am going to post some info on the colostrum and ashitaba products that I like. I think you will see that they may even help to fight off viral infections. I hope you get feeling better. I have total empathy with you.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Barb

I also need to add that the cordyceps you recommended to me is the best thing I have ever tried for congestion. It beats NAC and Mucinex.

Mysty119

Barb and Jeannine

Thanks for the replies. I am just getting "down" because I can't seem to get those O2 readings back up to where they were.:(