XCell Parkinsons Treatment

nmws2

My wife had the XCell-Center treatment in Germany in August 2010. The extration was not too bad, and putting the stem cells back into her lower lumbar was not bad (needle). They said she produced 3,000,000 cells which was a low count. Within a couple of hours, the extreme head ache and back pain was so bad for her we had to delay our flight back. They said it was unusual for her to have this much pain. They said it was from having to exactly balance taking out the same amount of spinal fluid that they inject back into you. It took a few weeks to get over this.

30 days after the proceedure, she suddenly got much better coordination back in her right hand. She still has finger tapping improvement we call it after 6 months. In hind sight, she had much better strength and her pain from Parkinson's was much less, so there were some improvements. But sometime in December, the extra energy faded and the pain came back to what it was before. We hope she can keep the right hand coordination. It was a little disappointing but also a little encouraging.

The poeple were all very polite with extreme German efficiancy. It was not a warm loving enviroment, but you felt they knew what they were doing. You arrived, they took care of you. A blood test the first day, next day a 5 minute consultation with the doctor where he reminds you, no promises. They take the bone marrow out, you go back in a day they inject the stem cells in your back. A follow e-mail for feedback about 45 dyas later, and that is it so far.

They do a lot of people. The schedule is full.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Thank you for posting about your experiences. As I have said on this forum many times, X-Cell Center's standing in the scientific community is not what it should be considering the amount of patients that they "treat" and the amount of money they charge.

Are you satisfied with the explanation they gave you for your wife's extreme discomfort post treatment? Did you consult with anyone else about it?

I believe your wife's experience at this clinic is fairly typical. I personally don't see what the attraction to this clinic is for patients except for the fact that they have one hell of a sales pitch evidently and people somehow believe that since it is located in Germany it must be safe and legitimate. Previous posts on this forum have indicated that this reasoning is giving patients a false sense of security and hope.

I would like to hear from Parkinson's patients that have had treatment with doctors that specialize in treating the disease (Drs. Tuma and Brazzini for instance) instead of a clinic like X-Cell that treats everything including the kitchen sink.

I wish your wife well and hope that she can hold on to the right hand coordination.

nmws2

Where would you recommend?

Barbara,
I am sure the explinantion they gave is correct, we did talk to another doctor. But what upset us was not preparing us for the possibliity.

With your experience where and what proceedure would you recommend that might help with her Parkinson's?

Do you have experience with adipose derived adult stem cells? There are two different places in AZ offering this with a "no promises" of course they say they can not really discuss other patients.

Also any thoughts on too many stem cells leading to problems, possible cancer. I read some articles of tests on primates, but I am sure they were super dosed and articles never tell you the whole story you need the actual study.

Thank you,
Mike

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I was suggesting that you might want to check on a clinic/doctor that has more experience with PD than a clinic that treats all and everything. The Brazzini Institute comes to mind. Dr. Brazzini participates in ICMS and has patients in their patient registry. He has also been given an award for his work with stem cell therapy for PD.

Here is the ICMS link to their Offshore Clinic Report
http://www.cellmedicinesociety.org/attachments/277_ICMS - 2010 - Off Shore Stem Cell Survey Report - Sept 2010.pdf

You can click on the websites given and link directly to the clinics. Dr. Brazzini's website can be viewed in English or Spanish. This offshore clinic report is a handy thing to use when evaluating or searching for clinics. I find that clinics that participate in ICMS and other stem cell societies and have patients in the patient registry have nothing to hide and are genuinely interested in furthering the science and efficacy of stem cell therapy. Some clinics that are mentioned in the report (X-Cell for one) do not participate, but rest assured they have been invited.

I did make an inquiry and was told that you do not want the patient in the heads-up vertical position directly after the puncture, but rather in the fetal position, horizontal, or head down. If any extra air rises to the head it can be very painful and cause tremendous headaches, so positioning is critical.

Last edited: