Why we shouldn't give up hope

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I was recently reading an up to date anatomy and physiology textbook and came across this paragraph -

Neuroanatomy and neurophysiology are not yet well defined due to the complexity of the neurological system. At this time the theories about lack of nerve cell regeneration are being disproved, and present research indicates that the nerve cells very likely regenerate. Because of these discoveries, those with neurological disease have new hope for complete recovery via alternative modality nerve stimulation, genetic therapy, and stem cell treatment.

The best part was the two words COMPLETE RECOVERY. Textbooks such as this one would have been considered science fiction not too long ago. That's why I say never give up hope.

Blue7

I was recently reading an up to date anatomy and physiology textbook and came across this paragraph -

Neuroanatomy and neurophysiology are not yet well defined due to the complexity of the neurological system. At this time the theories about lack of nerve cell regeneration are being disproved, and present research indicates that the nerve cells very likely regenerate. Because of these discoveries, those with neurological disease have new hope for complete recovery via alternative modality nerve stimulation, genetic therapy, and stem cell treatment.

The best part was the two words COMPLETE RECOVERY. Textbooks such as this one would have been considered science fiction not too long ago. That's why I say never give up hope.
Where did you read this at?