Who has had Stem Cell Treatment for Diabetes

Robert

Can you tell when you had the stem cell treatment and how much you have decreased you drugs. Do you also have any thing else like Neuorpathy in your feet, legs, etc.

pshamim

I have been a diabetic for 22 years. And recently I received Adult Stem cells in China. They gave me 3 months to stat seeing the results. It has been 10 weeks now since the procedure.

Well for the last 6 weeks, I have seen normal sugar readings (70-135) but with the same quantity of medications as I was taking before the procedure.
The positive thing is that that with the same amount of medication, my readings were in the range of 140-200.

Some time I become anxious as I have not been able to qut medication. If I miss my insulin or the pills, reading does climb up into 150-170

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Thank you for your post

It is nice to have you aboard to tell us about your treatment. Can you tell us why you chose China and a little bit more about the clinic there and what all you went through to get the treatment? It sounds like you are making progress. I have COPD and when you mention that you sometimes get anxious and your readings are not like you want, it is a mirror of what I have gone through also and yet we do not share the same disease. I think it is an important thing you have mentioned. Stem cell treatment requires patience and it is not an overnight solution to any disease that I know of. I hope you will elaborate more as diabetes is certainly a universal problem and getting worse all the time.

pshamim

It is nice to have you aboard to tell us about your treatment. Can you tell us why you chose China and a little bit more about the clinic there and what all you went through to get the treatment? It sounds like you are making progress. I have COPD and when you mention that you sometimes get anxious and your readings are not like you want, it is a mirror of what I have gone through also and yet we do not share the same disease. I think it is an important thing you have mentioned. Stem cell treatment requires patience and it is not an overnight solution to any disease that I know of. I hope you will elaborate more as diabetes is certainly a universal problem and getting worse all the time.
Thanks Barbara for your response. To your question why I chose China for the treatment is because about a year ago New York Times had an articles about high number os diabetics in New York City. There was another related story regarding the :Argentina Sudy" quoting the Science Magazine where the stem cell implants had a 85% success rate in treating diabetes.

I found the Argentinian web site and found out that the treatment was developed at various universities i.e. Baylor, University of Florida, and North Western universities. I also found a name of a Doctor who was one of the pioneers of developing the procedure.

I contacted the clinic in Argentina and also called the Professor at the Baylor university. I did receive a call from Argentina who told me that I could be helped but during my conversation with the Professor came to know the availability of the procedure at Qingdao Medical University in China.

Comparing the cost, treatment in China was half of what I would have paid in Argentina. Thus the decision to go to China.

Hospital where I received the treatment is the University Hospital. It is a large facility and quite gtood. But They are building a separate most modern and extremely clean Stem Cell Center. Doctore are trained in USA and visit Baylor and University of Florida at a regular interval for new techniques and training.

I am not trying to plug in or compare the Chinese facility here in the forum but simply writing about them in response to your question.

Like you mentioned that stem cell treatment requires patience, I am trying to believe in it. Though my medicationes have not gone away, the overall readings and comments from friends about my current health and appearance and how I feel prove that the treatment is working.

Wish me luck.
Regards,
Pervez

A question if I may Pervez.

Are you a type 1 or type 2 diabetic?

I'm type 2 but still in the early stages.

And of course, Good Luck.:)

pshamim

Technocracy, Thanks.
I am a type-2 diabetic.

Irrespective of where people receive the cell implants, those who were younger and were recently diagnosed had dramatic results in a much shorter period of time (In most cases 2 weeks) after the treatment.

I will advise to get your stem cells as early as possible. I received mine at the age of almost 61.

Last edited:

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Pervez - Thank you for giving us the information that you did. How long were you in the hospital in China? If you do not see the results after the 3 months, do they advice a booster? If someone was interested in going to get treatment like you did, would you advise them to contact the University or the hospital or where? I am so please to receive this information from you. Do you know if they are treating other diseases besides diabetes? I wish you all the best and I hope you will continue to update us on your progress.

pshamim

Pervez - Thank you for giving us the information that you did. How long were you in the hospital in China? If you do not see the results after the 3 months, do they advice a booster? If someone was interested in going to get treatment like you did, would you advise them to contact the University or the hospital or where? I am so please to receive this information from you. Do you know if they are treating other diseases besides diabetes? I wish you all the best and I hope you will continue to update us on your progress.
Barbara,
Aplogize for the late reply. To answer your questions:

1. I was in the Hospital for 3-1/2 days

2. Hospital is not taking any foreign patients at the moment. They are buiding a new Center for stem cell implants and regenerative medicines. They need nurses. Problem is that they should be trained as well as be able to communicate in English. It may take few more months.

3. About contacts, they have asked me to provide the interface. They want various blood reports, and screening the patients before they go to China. This is the part I did not want to reveal fearing that some one might think that I am promoting but since you asked.

4. Besides the Type-1 and Type-2 treatment with Adult stem cell, they are treating the circulation problems and associated leg pains with the umbilical blood cell. According to them the success rate is 100%. Also, they mentioned lung cancer where the cells are extracted from the cancer cell, developed, and reinjected back in the tumors. The new cells only kill the cancer cell but will not harm the good tissue.

Regards.
Pervez

pshamim

Some updates.

I had A1C test done on 11/14 and the results are very encouraging. Since my last A1C(3 months control) in August 2007, it has dropped from 8.4 to 7.3 now. My Doctor was very happy to see that.

Since then my fasting sugar readings have shown a marked improvement. I have reduced the insulin intake but for the last 3 weeks my fasting sugar levels are in normal range.

Thought I should share this information.
Pervez

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Good news from Pervez

Pervez - Thank you for your wonderful update. What good news this is and I am so glad you shared it with us. Please continue to keep us updated on anything new that you feel forum members need to know about. You are a true Pioneer.

tew

Pervez,

I am a Type II diabetic adult onset since February 20, 2006 diagnosis. I am considering stem cell treatment and I would like to know where you went in China, how many treatments and the cost for the treatments. I have been looking at Dr. Radars clinic in the Dominican Republic.
Also, I would like to know if you have heard of any side effects or of any ineffective treatments that just did not work. Any insight would be appreciated.
Anyone else with first hand knowledge? I am just beginning my quest for information. Thanks!

Tom