What Have I Missed??

Mysty119

Me too---anyone had treatment in the Caymens?

Just wondering where you go in Florida---and if travel to the Caymens is by water or by air.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Alas, no ferry boat

You would fly to Grand Cayman. I believe all the pre exams will be done in Tampa for SCB which is the company that now has a location in the Caymans. This location was opened to accommodate patients on the east coast more easily and those from Europe. Grand Cayman is the largest of the Cayman Islands and is a popular stop for cruise ships. It is notorious for offshore banking and finance is one of its main industries as well as tourism. It's a nice island. There is a town called Hell and I have been to Hell a couple of times. I was also there at Christmas once and the homes were very well decorated, complete with large bales of cotton for snow. It is very nice that the Cayman government is receptive to stem cell therapy.

Last edited:

shazza

hi barbara

I think these are all good questions you have come up with. You might ask about a booster. See if they think it might be needed and if so at what point would this be determined. Make sure you get clarification if you don't understand something. It is your time, so don't let the doctor stray off and leave you with unanswered questions. That's why writing them down is so important.
and it is in my mind to ask about a booster, l meant to write it down!! so im glad you reminded me!! l do worry about travel arrangements because im so severely disabled, l know there are things to find out from the airline and hotel as l need hoisting and cant lift myself out of my wheelchair!
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Don't sweat the small stuff

You simply need to notifiy the airline that you will require wheelchair assistance including onto the plane. Do not call to make these arrangements at off peak times as that is when the least experienced airline reservation agents work. Call during normal working hours to get the agents who have been at it the longest. Also, reconfirm 48 hours prior to flights to make sure everything is in place for you. You will do fine.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
I can't speak for other airlines but when I flew American Airlines from Boston to San Diego for my stem cells I needed a wheelchair in the airport and they were very accommodating and even had one of their employees wheel my chair to the gate even though my husband was with me. There were also personnel who assisted in boarding. You will have plenty of help if you need it.

shazza

hi barbara and jeannine

ive been looking at american airlines because they cater more for someone as severely disabled as l am!
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
AA

I know both Jeannine and Nassin were very satisfied with their services. Anyone else care to comment?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
American Airlines

American Airlines is a U.S. carrier. I have heard other people say that they handle O2 needs the best. Like I said both Nassin and Jeannine were very satisfied with them.