What Have I Missed??

shazza

I hope everyone had a good christmas and new year!!! l had lots of arguements going on with my family all because l had been to see a solicitor about seeing my youngest grandaughter more so l havnt felt like coming on before christmas l got in touch with the SCB clinic, ive sent them all my medical notes but am still waiting for them to quote a price! i'llcatch up with everything that has been happening over the next few days but l am glad to b back!
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Welcome back Sharon

Sharon - We're glad to have you back. You are a great asset for this forum. Here's to a superb 2008 for you and the rest of the forum members and their families.

shazza

hi barbara

as you know ive been in touch with the SCB clinic, to be precise a cathy kovacs l filled in the application form and sent in my medical notes and thought the next step would have been a telephone consultation or being quoted a price but although l continue to email ive only had an apology back for not phoning, im getting quite frustrated!!
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
No more excuses

Sharon - As you may know, customer service is not the high point of many stem cell companies, however, pre stem cell treatment, most are quite eager to please. I have forwarded your post to the CEO, Ed, Cathy and the doctor.
This should get you some action. If it doesn't, let me know and we will go shoot 'em in the knees. (You have to go with me!)

shazza

hi barbara

Sharon - As you may know, customer service is not the high point of many stem cell companies, however, pre stem cell treatment, most are quite eager to please. I have forwarded your post to the CEO, Ed, Cathy and the doctor.
This should get you some action. If it doesn't, let me know and we will go shoot 'em in the knees. (You have to go with me!)
who is the ceo?
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Hi Sharon - I hope that someone has been in touch with you as the response I got back was very prompt telling me that they are trying to get with you. Dr. Nabavi is the CEO. He is very bright, but VERY busy and that is why sometimes things go awry. He has a company to run plus he has to fly all over the world and he still takes time to personally take people to the hospital when he can. I have been impressed with most of the stem cell companies that I have had contact with. They are staffed by intelligent people who seem to really care. The doctors and owners are also Pioneers. The book that Jeannine and I wrote has a dedication to these really fine people. There may be a few questionable companies out there, but for the most part we are dealing with caring individuals who are working very hard to help us.

B.J.

Good Luck

Hi Shazza and all,

I am B.J. I also am going thru SCB and have been talking with Cathy and Kelly. I did not e-mail them as I have always called as I seem to get to talk to Cathy within just a minute are so. I am going Jan31,08 for my treatment in San Diego, Ca. I was given a quote right away by phone and Dr. F. called me 2 times and we had a discussion by phone for about a hour each time. I am not sure where you are going for your treatment but, I believe they are opening a new clinic in the Cayman Islands - maybe they already have I am not sure. San Diego is much better for me as it is closer.

Perhaps you may want to call and talk to them as e-mails seem to take much longer.

Wishing you all of the very best and will be watching the posts for your progress on your trip.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Different time zone

Shazza (Sharon) is from the U.K. so it is a little more difficult juggling the times right to phone. There really should be no reason that e-mailing doesn't work if that's what a patient desires. The doctor consultation, however, should be by phone. We need to keep in mind that we are the customers in a manner of speaking and that we do deserve to be accommodated. I think Cathy is very capable and indicated a desire to get in touch. I am sure she will follow through. I have had some companies that I have e-mailed and called that simply do not respond. If they are not interested in talking to me or providing me information then I am sure that they probably wouldn't be interested in my medical problems. This is not the case with any of the companies that we have hosting on this forum. There are some communication problems for sure, but I have not seen any of these companies simply refuse to answer questions or not help patients or potential patients. B.J. - Best wishes to you. There are 6 members going to get treatment from this forum at the end of January that I am aware of. Anyone else holding out on us?

B.J.

Time Zone

Barbara, You are so right. Gosh, sorry about the time zone as I have to remember we are all from different area's. I agree with you on the e-mail issue and I know that because of Holidays so many have been out of the office and trying their best to try and catch up on all of the e-mails, phone messages etc. Now that the holidays are over I am sure the e-mails and phone calls will be answered as soon as they can get to each one. I like to talk by phone when ever possible as I really don't like to leave messages on machines if I can talk to a person. :) I know that Sherry and Audie live very close to me and Audie and I will be having treatment on Jan. 31. It will be very nice to be able to meet both of them in person and to be able to share this. I am not sure who the other's are that are also having treatment the end of Jan. if you have any info I would really like to talk to them.

Hope this finds you feeling well and Thanks so much for the response.

rosech44

Communication

Scb's Office Is Going Thru A Bit Of A Change, Since Anna Is No Longer There, Kelly Called Me Once To Ask My Opinion On Flying For A Patient, She Now Has Anna's Job. Things Were A Bit Unsettled For awhile, But They Are Trying To Get The Office Running Smoothly.

Lefthand Patty, From Wash. Will Be Haveing Treatment Same Day As You. She Is From Tony Hammel's Group

shazza

hi barbara

Hi Sharon - I hope that someone has been in touch with you as the response I got back was very prompt telling me that they are trying to get with you. Dr. Nabavi is the CEO. He is very bright, but VERY busy and that is why sometimes things go awry. He has a company to run plus he has to fly all over the world and he still takes time to personally take people to the hospital when he can. I have been impressed with most of the stem cell companies that I have had contact with. They are staffed by intelligent people who seem to really care. The doctors and owners are also Pioneers. The book that Jeannine and I wrote has a dedication to these really fine people. There may be a few questionable companies out there, but for the most part we are dealing with caring individuals who are working very hard to help us.
after reading your msg l emailed cathy with my assistants phone number and to say l hadnt received the form shes sent but l havnt had a reply either by phone or email!
sharon

shazza

hi bj

Hi Shazza and all,

I am B.J. I also am going thru SCB and have been talking with Cathy and Kelly. I did not e-mail them as I have always called as I seem to get to talk to Cathy within just a minute are so. I am going Jan31,08 for my treatment in San Diego, Ca. I was given a quote right away by phone and Dr. F. called me 2 times and we had a discussion by phone for about a hour each time. I am not sure where you are going for your treatment but, I believe they are opening a new clinic in the Cayman Islands - maybe they already have I am not sure. San Diego is much better for me as it is closer.

Perhaps you may want to call and talk to them as e-mails seem to take much longer.

Wishing you all of the very best and will be watching the posts for your progress on your trip.
l cant phone as l cant talk so have been emailing but l do have an assistant who can phone on my behalf, why l didnt think of that before is beyond me lol
although l try to deal with as much as l can she does make some calls for me, the idea of having an assistant is to do all the things l would have done myself if l was ok!
all the best to you too! when do you go to SCB?
SHARON

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
You should have a reply

Sharon - I sent your post to Cathy again and I received a copy of the reply she sent you. Remember to have a list of questions written down so that your assistant can get whatever you want answered for you when the doctor calls. I cannot tell you how much I hope treatment will work for you as well as all the rest of our members who are such pioneers.

shazza

hi barbara

Sharon - I sent your post to Cathy again and I received a copy of the reply she sent you. Remember to have a list of questions written down so that your assistant can get whatever you want answered for you when the doctor calls. I cannot tell you how much I hope treatment will work for you as well as all the rest of our members who are such pioneers.
thanks so much for your help barbara! l checked my email this morning and i'd got an email from cathy who has quoted me a very good price thanks to me being a member of stemcell pioneers and says the dr will ring my assistant in the near future, l had written a list of questions to ask but cant remember where ive put it, help, my mind has gone blank l cant remember what i'd written l know l want to ask where the stemcells will be injected but l cant remember what else l wanted to ask and my assistant wont have a clue what else to ask! l tend to babble when l get excited lol
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Your own personal Ask the Doctor

Sharon - If your office or room looks anything like mine, then I am sure that your previous notes are there somewhere under the rubble. If not, just take it easy and let the doctor do the talking and have your assistant take notes. If something isn't covered, you can always post on the forum and I'll bet one of our members can help. You may find it wise to use these notes if you wish to consult with other companies also. This way you can compare. I still have my notes and I actually found them the other day. Now, if I could find my oximeter which I have misplaced and my check book, I would be in good shape.

shazza

hi

here are just some of the questions ive got so far
1 have you treated people with my illness, and if yes how are they now?
2. does the treatment have a reaction on the immune system? (myimmune system was destroyed by my disease you see)
3what is the follow up procedure after treatment?
4. whereabouts in the body doyou inject the stem cells
5.how long does the procedure take?
6. how long will l stay at the clinic?
can anyone else think of anything else l need to ask?
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I think these are all good questions you have come up with. You might ask about a booster. See if they think it might be needed and if so at what point would this be determined. Make sure you get clarification if you don't understand something. It is your time, so don't let the doctor stray off and leave you with unanswered questions. That's why writing them down is so important.

Howard

Question

We received a call from a forum member that is a bit forum shy and we thought we would ask this for him. His appointment for COPD Therapy is Feb 12 in the Cayman's. Our question is: "Has anyone been there yet that would have some travel hints, etc.?

Thanks

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Need a little more info

Hi Howard - If the forum member is shy because they don't know how to post, I hope you will urge them to give you their e-mail address so our administrator can work with them. Many people sign up and then somehow lose their passwords and the administrator can help with this. It is really very common. We want all members to be able to feel like they can post and not worry if it gets in the wrong spot, etc. Is the person flying from a far distance? Do they use O2 or are they disabled in some way? These things would be important to know in order to give some tips. I do know that many of the forum members think the product Airborne is great to take before flying. Also, this time of the year, the Cayman Islands should be nice and sunny. Dr. F has stated in the Ask the Doctor forum to avoid direct sunlight after the stem cell procedure, so any sunbathing had better be accomplished pre treatment. I sincerely hope the member will post and let us know about his or her experience. I have also posted for some members until they can really feel comfortable how to navigate the forum. Perhaps this would be an option for the member. Good to hear from you for sure, Howard.