Welcome to our newest forum sponsor

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
PowerLung has now joined the ranks of our forum sponsors. We appreciate their support. This is a very fine company that makes an excellent product. The use of it for general good health for anyone is obvious to me. It has also proved to be extremely efficient in helping me strengthen my lungs after stem cell therapy for COPD. Mike Jarvis, the inventor, is a member of our forum. Thank you for making this great product Mike. I have given my testimonial to this company and they will soon have a COPD section where it can be viewed along with others. I do not want anyone to think that only COPD patients benefit from this product, so the link is a welcome one for this forum as their site can better explain the benefits of PowerLung than I can.

hlichten

Super Moderator
PowerLung has now joined the ranks of our forum sponsors. We appreciate their support. This is a very fine company that makes an excellent product. The use of it for general good health for anyone is obvious to me. It has also proved to be extremely efficient in helping me strengthen my lungs after stem cell therapy for COPD. Mike Jarvis, the inventor, is a member of our forum. Thank you for making this great product Mike. I have given my testimonial to this company and they will soon have a COPD section where it can be viewed along with others. I do not want anyone to think that only COPD patients benefit from this product, so the link is a welcome one for this forum as their site can better explain the benefits of PowerLung than I can.
I am a cardiac patient, and am interested in getting one of these.
Sounds like a good product to me.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
The inventor had a heart attack

Harv - I don't know if you read the reason that the PowerLung was invented, but Mr. Jarvis, the inventor, had a heart attack that pretty much laid him up. He was looking for a way to get back in shape after doctors pretty much told him he was going to have to sit on the couch for the rest of his life. Hmmmmm that sounds familiar. Anyway, I would think that the Active Series, Airestream model might be the best for you. They are so nice at PowerLung, however, that you might want to e-mail them or call on their toll free number during the week and ask for sure. I know they will be happy to help you. You can tell them you are a Pioneer forum member. I know that they will be pleased to know that you read about PowerLung here. I have two models. One, I bought by mistake and is for athletes in training. The other one is the Active Series model for healthy living. I switch off using them. Before stem cell therapy I couldn't use the first one I bought even on the easiest setting. Now, I can easily do it on the mid range settings. The Active Series is easier for me, but I wanted to try it out to evaluate it for our members so I use it also. The key is to make sure you do the exercises daily. If you set it so that you can't inhale and exhale fairly easily, you will become discouraged. I tell people to leave it on the easiest setting for as long as they need to. I don't care if it takes 2 months to work up to a more difficult setting because if you stay at it, you are going to strengthen your lungs and cardiac system. I swear by this product.