Warning aired against stem cell procedure

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Must be someone operating a clinic from a hotel in the Phillipines.

Warning aired against stem cell procedure
By Ferdinand Fabella | Posted on Jun. 03, 2013 at 12:01am

http://manilastandardtoday.com/2013/06/03/warning-aired-against-stem-cell-procedure/

The Food and Drugs Administration has issued a warning against receiving stem-cell therapies in hotels and other unauthorized facilities.

FDA Acting Director Dr. Kenneth Hartigan-Go said availing of such treatments in non-health facilities may lead to contraction of infectious diseases and other complications.

Go said some five-star hotels and wellness centers have been offering stem-cell procedures and other “medical needs” at their establishments to affluent people, especially tourists.

“The public is warned against receiving stem cell preparations and therapies without prior regulatory applications and approval from the Food and Drug Administration,” the FDA official said.

Under the agency’s Advisory 2013-012, stem-cell preparations that need FDA approval are the genetically altered human adult and umbilical cord stem cells; adipose or fat cells derived human stem cell; human cells, tissues, and cellular and tissue-based products subjected to genetic manipulation; and live animal embryonic, fetal, or adult stem cells in parenteral form for human administration.

“Patients should only consult with duly-licensed medical practitioners who practice stem cell therapy, and in health facilities approved by the DOH,” Go said, adding that verification can done by email <info@fda.gov.ph> before ncy’s clearance.

Stem-cell therapy is an intervention strategy that introduces new adult stem cells into damaged tissue in order to treat disease or injury, which many medical experts believe treats certain illness and slows down aging among human.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
This is deceptive. One would think by giving it a quick read that it is the FDA here in the U.S. Instead, it is the FDA of the Philippines as you point out.

Fredda Branyon made at least one house call that I know of. Compounding her problem was the fact that she wasn't even a licensed doctor. I believe she is still incarcerated, but I don't know for sure. I also received another complaint from a friend about a company in California offering to come to his house and administer stem cell therapy. He told the owner of that company NO WAY, NO HOW.

As always, Buyer Beware no matter what country you live in. Houses, hotel rooms, and the likes are really not the place for stem cell treatment.