Update on Colorado

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I appreciate the e-mails and messages asking about how I am doing with Colorado being up in flames. I live in an area that is not threatened by the fire, however, we do get the effects of all the smoke. I am staying indoors as much as possible and using the AC.

For the most part, I am not having any major effects from it, however, my eyes are watery and my throat a little hoarse. Breathing may not be quite as good as it has been, but I am so much better off than those that have lost everything and all the animals that have suffered that I am not complaining at all.

I have never experienced anything like this in my lifetime and I am getting as old as dirt. One expert said that in a normal year, if lightening struck, there would be a 20% chance that it would ignite a fire. This year the chances are 80%. The largest fire is being investigated by the FBI however, as there is a possibility that it could have been deliberately set. We are also having record setting temperatures which is not helpful.