umbilical or adult?

anney_uk

I would find it helpful if everyone who has had stem cells would kindly state if they had umbilical or adult. I think this would be helpful. Thanks, Anney.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Don't forget embryonic too. I use uc to abbreviate for umbilical cord as many do. I personally have had one uc therapy (or at least I was told that was what it was) and am going to have an autologous treatment next month. The treatment I will get will not have any manipulation. I don't have any more details on it at this time, but of course will post whenever I can about it.

alex

Barbara,

I am curious, what do you mean by "The treatment I will get will not have any manipulation"? Won't they have to extract the stem cells from the marrow or blood, whichever they are going to use, before re-injecting?

To anney_uk:
We are going to use umbilical cord stem cells (in 3 days), but it is for brain injury, not COPD.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
What I mean by manipulation is that the stem cells are extracted and then reinfused without culturing them in any medium. The process is complete within a few hours compared to a couple of days or more. Good luck on your upcoming trip. I wish you and your husband much success and hope you will update us when you get back.