U.S.'s First Adult Stem Cell Guidelines (ASCTA Drives Safe Stem Cell Practices

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
ASCTA guidelines = safe stem cell treatments

These guidelines are very important. The entire idea behind a network of doctors that belong to ASCTA is to allow patients to find doctors that have agreed to follow the safe guidelines set forth by ASCTA. This also includes a registry of patients that ASCTA doctors will agree to use. This will be a useful learning tool for all doctors who truly want to further autologous stem cell treatment in the U.S. It also gives ASCTA great credibility.

If you are considering stem cell treatment, please ask the doctor or clinic you contact if they participate in ASCTA. I have sent invitations to every doctor that participates on this forum. If they are not participating, then I would have to question whether or not they are truly interested in patient welfare. I will be sending out e-mails to all of them in the near future to make sure they have committed. If they haven't I will let forum members know. Remember, our lives and well being are at stake here. We are not asking for free treatments or set prices. Every doctor will still be allowed to charge what he or she feels is justified for the treatment they give. If they cannot commit to the safe guidelines and the registry, however, then personally I have a problem with that.

hlichten

Super Moderator
Until stem cell treatment is fully legalized, this will also help in working with your existing physicians.

In the past, doctors have used the argument against going for stem cell treatment that it isn't safe, and that you could be contaminated.

By choosing a doctor that is an ASCTA member, you will be able to tell your existing doctors that your safety will not be compromised.