Tulsa man hopes stem cells help MS, raising funds for treatment

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Well, isn't this special? The "world reknowned MS expert" quoted here seems to also have made the list of docs making money from Big Pharma. This list is just for August 2013 to December 2014. You can access previous years as well and he's on those lists too. Nothing worse than not vetting sources. The media does this all the time though, so do your homework before just accepting the word of "experts".

https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars/doctors/pid/237132

Oct. 1, 2015
By Shae Rozzi

A Tulsa man living with Multiple Sclerosis for 15 years plans to travel to Panama for umbilical cord stem cell treatment
Treatment is not FDA approved nor is it being tested in clinical trials in the U.S.

World renowned MS Expert Dr. Gabriel Pardo in Oklahoma City talked to FOX23 about the health and financial risks.

The family finds hope in Texas Hall of Fame Football Coach’s positive experience with the treatment.

A Tulsa man living with multiple sclerosis hopes umbilical cord stem cell treatment is the key to helping his disease.

Chris Yuill can no longer walk or stand, he’s been battling MS for 15 years. Now he hopes a treatment not approved by the FDA will help ease his symptoms.

"I can't walk anymore. My upper body, I still have strength. From the waist down is where most of my problems are,” he said.

But, FOX23’s Shae Rozzi talked to a world renowned MS expert about the treatment.
"Anything offered along those lines is pure sham, it cannot be done," said Dr. Gabriel Pardo.
Pardo said it’s a financial risk and a health risk too.

The Yuill family finds hope in the positive outcome Texas High School Football Hall of Fame Coach Sam Harrell experienced.

Harrell talked to FOX23 about his experience via email:
“Shae,
Yes, my story amazes me as much as anyone - I take no credit other than I just kept going to Panama even after two trips and no changes - then the 3rd one was the game changer - I am back coaching full time and out in the hot Texas sun every day , walking around , getting over 10,000 steps on my FitBit - all of those things were impossible 4 years ago.

By the grace of God and the stem cell treatments, I have my life back.

Let me know if you need something else because the truth of stem cells needs to be spread.

Thanks,
Sam Harrell”

Harrell has a video of his progress here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP9fEM9tTOo

The Yulli family is hosting a fundraiser Saturday October 3 to help pay for the treatments.

- See more at: http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/tulsa-man-hopes-stem-cells-help-ms-raising-funds-t/nnsNT/#sthash.fTIzyMmJ.dpuf

Tbone57

Way to go Chris. It never fails to amaze me how Dr.s Like Gabriel Pardo are so concerned for the financial welfare of patients. Screw you Dr. Pardo!!

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I couldn't have said it any better Tbone57.

The reporter should also have screened his source better and divulged Pardo's conflicts and financial interests. Appalling isn't it?

TiffG

Dr. Pardo’s conflicts of interest are fairly obvious to anyone who can see how counterproductive our pharmaceutical industry truly is. I am glad Chris went outside of the system to do what was best for him. I made the same leap last year when I went to Stem Cell of America for treatment for cystic fibrosis. While there, I met an MS patient who had received several treatments with unbelievable results. It is tragic that the pharmaceutical industry and the FDA try to prevent promising alternative treatments like this.