Trip to SanDiego

Hello everyone, been back a week now from receiving the stem cells and am feeling just fine. Really no change yet but do think I am feeling better. That trip was wonderful. Everything went like clock work. The limo when we arrived, the hotel and employees were great. The food was good. Met alot of very nice people that were in the same condition that I am. You just have to love the doctor and his nurses. Dr. Feinerman even made a house call to our hotel room. I'll check in again and let you know how I'm doing. Thank you soooo much Pioneer group. Patty p.s. got cells 1/31/08

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Wow Patty

Sounds like you got the royal treatment. And meeting Dr F as well. He is a very caring man.

I'm glad your trip went so well. Thanks for the update.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Patty - Why don't you add your treatment date to your signature? Go to forum 101 for instructions or click on User CP and edit. If you notice, most of us that have had treatment, have this show up below our names when we post. This enables a reader to get a time frame of when you had treatment every time you post. I am envious of your royal treatment. Jeannine and I still laugh about our motel in the sticks with no amenities whatsoever except an unusual continental breakfast that Ed kept claiming was going to have omelettes. I think he was hallucinating because nothing remotely resembling an omelet ever appeared. Good to hear from you. Thanks for posting.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Barb

Thanks for reminding me about the hotel breakfast and the gas station Mexican food. Although we were entertained by Ed's father who should write a book entitled "How to live on $1.95 a day" :p

B.J.

Hey Patty,

You had a Limo? You lucky girl you. I had to have a Van with a lift as I had taken my scooter. I could not take it across the border but, that was no problem as my Daughter Michelle was with me to help aid in my walking. I did fall one time in the street but, I was OK as I was holding on to her and that helped break my fall. No broken bones this time :) YEA!

I also did not see Dr. Feinerman and would loved to have met him in person. I have talked to him by phone several times and he seem to be very nice.

I like you thought the hotel was beautiful, the food was wonderful and of course most importanly we all got to meet each other and will share that bond always. It nice to be able to see one in person and be able to put a face to their name. :)

May you have wonderful results from the stem cell transplant. Take care of Yourself!

rosech44

Patty

Great To Hear From You, And Hear About Your San Diego Trip---WOW!!! You Got A House Call From The Famous Dr. F. I'm Jealous, I Have Never Even Talked To Him---keep Us Posted, And Keep A Journal It's Easier To Write It As It Happens Than To Try And Remember It Later----may You Have Many Great Days Ahead Of You

Hi B J.

Hey, that was nice to hear from you. I don't know why you didn't meet Dr. Feinerman. I thought he was there with all of us when we were getting our cells. You know, I just had such a nice time in San Diego meeting all you guys. That whole thing was such a nice thing to have happen to me under the circumstances. I will never for get any of you. You just take care of your self and you better stick to that diet you're supposed to be on. You know what I mean, foods you are supposed to eat and the one you aren't supposed to eat. I remember you weren't ready for that part. Anyway, thanks for thinking of me and taking the time to write. Take care, Patty

Left handed Patty

treatment: 1/31/08

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Luxury galore

Rose - I just keep getting more envious. At least you got the nice hotel! Anyway, BJ and Andrea, Sherry (Audie's wife) sent me some photos of both of you. It is nice to see who I am corresponding with. I don't want to hear any more about limos and fruit baskets. There was a coin laundry at the place Jeannine and Ed and I got put in. Does that count for anything?

Kinda like fishin

Hi Barb, all I can say about our stay in SanDiego and how nice it was that it is kind of like fishin, to catch a fish you just gotta hold your mouth right. I guess the same goes for getting to stay at a nice hotel, you just have to hold your mouth right. Hum, guess I'll go to bed now. Patty

stem cell treatment

1/31/08

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Fish story

Going to bed would be a good idea. You've said enough. Between this and my NOVAC disease acting up, I'm a mess.

B.J.

Hey girls :) Patty, the only people that I saw from SCB was Stacey and Casey. I thought at first Casey was a Dr. but, he is not he works with SCB and use to work in the Lab. He was with me when I had the Stem Cell Transplant. I am blank right now to remember the Dr.s ( it was a woman) name that actually did the procedure and a nurse that put in the I.V.

Casey acturally rode back with us to the Hotel and I believe he went to check on Leon in his room as Leon was not doing well. Bless his heart.

We also received the fruit and I picked up the whole basket -got into bed and ate like I was a Queen. LOL :) Oh it was so good. I don't think fruit ,cheese,crackers, etc. every tasted so good. I did not know who sent it until the clerk at the desk told me that everyone gets a basket when the stay there. Oh my goodness I was thrilled. Of course now days it does not take much to thrill me!

I think Dr. F. was hiding from me!! :) Heck I don't blame him as I a mess with a lot of medical problems.

Take care !

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
The mystery man

Casey is the CEO of the company. He actually insists on going with everyone when they get treatment whenever he is in town. That's quite unusual in my opinion for a CEO to do this, but it's true. You may also be talking about Dr. Romero. She is an excellent doctor who brought me around quickly when I had an adverse reaction to the infusion. Jeannine had some pretzels she got on the plane in her room. I think I may have had a box of dog biscuits for my dogs who went, but we had no other food. I tell you I am tired of hearing about all of this luxury.

B.J.

Barb, you are right- where is my brain tonight?? I remember now after reading your post. Casey was the CEO and I thought he had a beautiful actsent and said he was from Peru and yes it was Dr. Remero that was the Dr. with me. She was very nice and very caring. Unlike some of the Dr.s that I have been to over the last 12 yrs. :(

I am sorry you had dog biscuits :eek: I bet you were on SouthWest airlines. We also flew on SW and have on other trips. They do not believe in good junk food!!! Oh well at least we arrived safely. To me it did not matter how I got to S.D. I would have hung onto the wing of the plane if I had too. :) Just as long as I got there.