Top Global Stem Cell Treatment Centers

yorkere

Just got this in; FWIW...Barbara, have you ever heard of this "Repair Stem Cell Institute"?

Yorkere - I did some editing on your post because of all the websites that were in this article. Mr. Margolis is a member of this forum, however, this really belongs in the promotional forum as it is based on Mr. Margolis' company's assessment. I personally would not agree with some of his choices, however, since this is a promotional article, he is free to select whatever companies he likes. I have moved the post to the proper area on this forum.
Barbara

HighBeam Research - Newspaper archives and journal articles
Repair Stem Cell Institute Announces Top Global Stem Cell Treatment Centers.

Date: July 29, 2008

DALLAS, July 29 /PRNewswire/ -- The Repair Stem Cell Institute a stem cell global public affairs organization, today announced an exclusive listing of the world's top Repair Stem Cell (RSC) treatment centers for use by the general public in finding immediate life- changing therapies for patients suffering from more than 100 incapacitating diseases now considered "untreatable." The RSCI, founded in April 2008, is based in Dallas, with offices in Washington and Bangkok.

According to Don Margolis founder and chairman of the RSCI, "We've compiled a listing of seven of the finest facilities and a consortium of hospitals that have taken the lead in Repair Stem Cell technology in providing successful stem cell treatment and patient outcomes. These facilities, located in Israel, Portugal, Germany, China, Thailand, Argentina, and the Dominican Republic have an unbeatable record of accomplishments."

Each facility has been selected based on its confirming it meets all of the criteria listed on the website's treatment center page. As additional treatment centers meeting the criteria become known to RSCI, they will be allowed to join this prestigious list.

The top Repair Stem Cell Treatment Centers are as follows:

The Center for Cellular Therapy at Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center in Israel, led by pioneer Dr. Shimon Slavin, treats all blood cancers, plus several other cancers; autoimmune diseases such as MS, nerve injuries, spinal injuries and sickle cell anemia; plus ALS and Alzheimer's. One successful patient outcome is a professional golfer who had been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. After receiving a repair stem cell treatment using autologous mesenchymal stromal stem cells, the patient wrote: "The strength/endurance in my legs is at least 10 times greater than this time last year, my balance is almost back to normal and I have much more energy." Since last spring, the patient has been back on the golf course full time, capable of working without issue.

Foundation Don Roberto Fernandez Vina, San Nicolas-Buenos Aires in Argentina treats patients with cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, MS, brain paralysis, spinal cord injury, emphysema, pulmonary fibrosis, erectile dysfunction, Parkinson's, and Crohn's disease. Dr. Vina is on the verge of implementing the first simple stem cell therapy to treat type 1 diabetes.

Regenocyte Therapeutic based in Naples, Florida with a Repair Stem Cell clinic in the Dominican Republic for cell implantation, (a 2-hour flight from Miami), specializes in treating every cardiovascular disease, pulmonary fibrosis and hypertension, type 2 diabetes and emphysema. An extraordinary patient was a college athlete whose legs and arms had been damaged by meningitis and needed to be amputated to prevent death by gangrene. Two weeks after a first-ever stem cell treatment, the soles of his feet and palms of his hands were softened, his circulation was improved, his right foot was moving, and amputation averted.

Dr. Carlos Lima of Lisbon, Portugal specializes in spinal cord injury repair. His pioneering team has developed a successful transplant surgical procedure that harvests patients' own stem cells from their noses. Those cells are then transplanted to the sites of the spinal cord break. As a result, some of the paraplegic patients are walking with the aid of walkers.

China Stem Cells is a conglomerate of about a dozen hospitals located throughout China that treat patients having neurological and autoimmune diseases. Among their more than 75 treatable conditions are: Alzheimer's, autism spectrum disorders, carpal tunnel syndrome, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, meningitis and encephalitis.

Bangkok Heart Hospital, Bangkok, led by Dr. Kitipan Arom, specializes in treating dying heart disease patients and has successfully treated more than 120 of them by directly injecting repair stem cells into their heart muscles.

The XCell-Center at the Institute of Regenerative Medicine in the Eduardus Hospital in Cologne, Germany offers repair stem cell therapies for treating diabetes, stroke, spinal injuries, multiple sclerosis, ALS, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases as well as arthritis, heart diseases, and incontinence

COPYRIGHT 2008 PR Newswire Association LLC. This material is published under license from the publisher through the Gale Group, Farmington Hills, Michigan. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to the Gale Group. For permission to reuse this article, contact Copyright Clearance Center.

HighBeam? Research, Inc. ? Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.

Last edited by a moderator:

alex

I came accross this on the internet a couple of weeks ago and was wondering what this was all about.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
alex

It appears that Mr Margolis has gone around to stem cell clinics and has formed a network of clinics. Barb and I are familiar with pretty much all of these places. In fact, the first treatment we heard of was performed by Dr Vina in Buenos Aires. Our hero Nassin went to him for his COPD back in Dec 2006 I believe. Nassin and Dr Vina are the two people who inspired Barb and I to have treatment. This is all discussed in our book that we wrote last year. It's available in either hard copy or for immediate download from our supplement site at http://www.seachangeforlife.com

Mysty119

Jeannine

I found a web page for Dr Vinas but it's all in Spanish, and though I understand some Spanish, I didn't see any contact numbers. Do you know of another site for him???

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Icm

Yes, I have heard of ICM, in fact, I am trying to get Dr. Brenes from there to host an Ask the Doctor session. One of our members, CellMedicine, was kind enough to give me a referral to Dr. Brenes, but I have not heard back from him. I understand he is a very busy doctor. Nassin's (one of the reasons that this forum even exists if you have read the book Jeannine and I wrote) brother went to ICM for treatment of COPD and did well there according to Nassin. As always, I recommend that a person research a clinic well, ask for references for your particular needs and keep in mind that stem cell therapy does not work or even help everyone, but for many it has been a lifesaving form of medicine. Compare apples to apples before making any decisions. I have people call or e-mail me that are simply basing their decisions on websites or testimonials or worse yet press releases. I have yet to see a website with a negative or even passive testimonial and yet to be honest, a company should let prospective patients know that success is not 100% guaranteed. If a company is honest in this respect, I would certainly have to give them credit for that.

hlichten

Super Moderator
Unless you speak Spanish or plan to have someone with you that speaks Spanish fluently, you are going to have a problem dealing with Dr. Vina. I have tried to off and on over the past year and a half, but have given up. He will send you some documents showing work that he has done, and send you a few hard to read sentences, and that is about all that I have received. He has an international rep in Mexico, but this person appears to be a sales agent and would appear to be earning a percentage of the sale. That is how it seemed to me, anyhow. He used to have a rep in Miami, another doctor, who also did not speak very much English.

Also, you will be told that people will get back to you, but it didn't happen in my case, and this was two times a year apart!!

Even if you go through the agent, who does speak perfect English, when you get to Argentina, it is not like in Europe where you can find an English-speaking person anywhere you go.

Dr. Vina is, apparently a very capable practitioner, but communication is a big problem.

Harv

I found a web page for Dr Vinas but it's all in Spanish, and though I understand some Spanish, I didn't see any contact numbers. Do you know of another site for him???
This is the email I used when contacting Dr. Vina a while back:

fundfernandezvina@hotmail.com

Their phone number is as follows:

International phone number: 011-54-3461-436920/437017

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
When I first started my search I contacted Dr Vina and his associates in Miami but the language barrier was too much of a hurdle so I looked elsewhere. Although I know Nassin (who speaks fluent Spanish) has had excellent results after receiving several treatments there.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Nassin

Nassin may be able to help anyone who is wanting to make a serious inquiry. Please contact me at my e-mail address and I will forward it to Nassin. Nassin has also arranged several groups in El Salvador where Dr. Fernandez-Vina has come to do the treatment. Otherwise, I have to agree with Harv and Jeannine. Be prepared to deal in Spanish. Get yourself an interpreter if you don't speak or write Spanish, you probably will become frustrated. Dr. Fernandez-Vina has an excellent reputation, however, so the pursuit could be worth it.

Thanks to everyone for responding about CellMedicine.

Given the communications issues mentioned here; Does anyone know if the autologous adult stems cells are generated using viruses or retro-viruses to revert the cells harvested from one's body back to their stem cell stage with CellMedicine's techniques? Their web pages don't go into this important detail.
Thank you,
Dave Snow

Another question?

I am planining on heading down to the WCD in Jacksonville, Florida in November. Anyone heard of:
Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine Therapies for Treating Neurological Disorders in Children
Dennis A. Steindler, Ph.D.
Director, The Evelyn F. and William L. McKnight Brain Institute?

He is speaking at the conference...

Thanks again,
Dave Snow

hlichten

Super Moderator
I am afraid that the issue for a non-Spanish-speaking person is beyond anything that Nassin can assist with.

Use this for an example:
I have Nassin, or someone Spanish-speaking help with arranging treatment, pricing, and the other arrangements. That part is fine, but unless he is going to be standing there for the procedure, that is not going to be enough. Even if he was, that isn't enough.

For example, I was considering a femoral artery injection from Dr. Vina direct to my coronary arteries. What if, during the treatment, I have chest pain or other symptoms, and call this out? If everything I say is not immediately understood, the results could be very bad. Even if there was an interpreter there in the procedure room, time is going to be lost during the translation.

A patient needs to be able to fully communicate with his or her doctor, and the doctor needs to understand and speak English fluently. Even in Thailand, the doctors who treated me understood every word that I said, and I am not in any way promoting Thailand for treatment, I am just using that as an example.

Having to point to your chest, neck, etc. makes such a procedure somewhat of a very grim Saturday Night Live skit, one that I don't want to be a cast member in! I am afraid that Dr. Vina's crew is not up to proper treatment of a patient who only speaks and understands English.

Dr. Vina has a great reputation, but the situation just isn't going to work unless you are a fully Spanish-speaking patient, in my opinion.

Just my $.02.

Harv

Nassin may be able to help anyone who is wanting to make a serious inquiry. Please contact me at my e-mail address and I will forward it to Nassin. Nassin has also arranged several groups in El Salvador where Dr. Fernandez-Vina has come to do the treatment. Otherwise, I have to agree with Harv and Jeannine. Be prepared to deal in Spanish. Get yourself an interpreter if you don't speak or write Spanish, you probably will become frustrated. Dr. Fernandez-Vina has an excellent reputation, however, so the pursuit could be worth it.

hlichten

Super Moderator
You are going to have to contact them to ask such questions. Nobody here has that level of knowledge. I am fairly well versed in this stuff, but I am not familiar at all with what you are referring to. That is truly a question for a cellular biologist familiar with their process. I believe you are referring to ICM's techniques. Barbara has tried to get in contact with them to host an ask-the-doctor segment on the forum. If that can be arranged, perhaps you can then send her that question to be asked of them.

Keep in mind also that some companies will simply say "we have a process" and will not tell you exactly what they do to their cells, especially if a future patent could be possible for them. They may tell you part of what they do, but they will never tell you exactly what they do.

Also, keep in mind that there are far more potential risks to using such manipulated cells, compared to raw marrow or separated marrow. I have spoken to people who seem to know a lot about current research, and there are risks of cancer and other issues from using manipulated cells when there are still many unknowns that exist.

Harv

Given the communications issues mentioned here; Does anyone know if the autologous adult stems cells are generated using viruses or retro-viruses to revert the cells harvested from one's body back to their stem cell stage with CellMedicine's techniques? Their web pages don't go into this important detail.
Thank you,
Dave Snow